Unbreakable Love

Chapter Twelve

"Hailey!" Layne yelled. I rolled over to see Layne behind me. I was awake. Oh, dear Lord. I had to go back. I can't leave Gladys and John there alone. He'll find them.

"Babe?" I said, looking at my phone. It hadn't been nearly as long as I thought, maybe about thirty minutes at the most.

"What?" He said.

"I have to go back.."

"What do you mean you have to go back!"

"There's people I've met in that dream. They're real like you and me, and they need my help, desperately. The man, that awful man, is back. He's strengthen each time someone does in the dream. It's bad, babe, I have to go back now!"

He shook his head furiously, and said," No, my baby is not going to risk her life like that!"

"Babe? He doesn't want to kill me. He's practically tried to do it with me in the last few dreams before my coma. I'll be fine."

He looked hurt, and angry. A single tear fell down his cheek, it's funny because dreams are supposed to be harmless, and they aren't supposed to hurt people. They're supposed to go away, but mine don't, and obviously they're hurting Layne more than me.

"I have to.." I said again, kissing him on the cheek. He nodded slowly, and hugged me.

"No matter what I'll be back, and I have so much to tell you still. I just have to help them first."

"I'll be waiting, babe."

"I know, thanks, baby."

He smiled a little bit. I liked that. I kissed him goodbye one more time, and drifted off again.

"Hailey!"

I know that voice. It's John! I looked around at my surroundings. It was different this time. "Of course, now it's his game all over again!" I thought.

"Sure is, baby," Kellin said from a far. O my God! Gladys and John were strapped to flat tables. There arms, legs, and neck were all tied down, and I could tell John was having trouble breathing, just by looking at him.

Kellin looked at me, grinning. "It'll be just like we wanted, baby girl," he said. Baby girl? No. That is not okay.

"I'm not your baby girl!" I yelled. Right in his face. He didn't like that. He grabbed me by both of the arms revealing claws, not hand, claws. Crap. Those weren't there before. He is getting stronger, he's taller, but hunches over a little. His hood is no longer in place, but why? He wasn't even wearing the hooded jacket anymore. He had on a hideous mask to continue to hide his face, and wore a Vans t-shirt, with black skinny jeans, and grey Vans shoes. I didn't like this one bit. He was a little muscular now to.

"I see you noticed my change in style," he said, laughing that strange guttural laugh.

"Yeah.." I said.

"I like it, don't you? I took it from one of the bodies I killed recently. Isn't it nice?"

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Like seriously do you think I care about what you're wearing, because I don't."

"It was worth a shot, now your friends get a little entertainment.."

"W-what?" I knew what he meant, but I didn't believe it. He grabbed me by the arm, hard. No matter what I did I couldn't get free. He's too strong now.

Then, he brought out a pair of hand cuffs from his pocket, and cuffed my right hand to his. He, then led me over to one of the vertical positioned flat tables, like the ones Gladys and John were on. I started yelling and screaming, and swearing at him with every word I knew in the book. He got angry, and placed a big piece of black duct-tape over my mouth. I was infuriated. I slashed around and kicked him a few times trying to get free again. I started crying.