Unbreakable Love

Chapter Eleven

I slided into my parking place, and put the limo in park. I looked at John, who was lying in the back seat. He looked so sad, it made me sad. I wish Layne was here, he would be able to make me feel better, and he'd know exactly what to do. But Layne was not here. It was all up to me. John gagged and sputtered up more blood.

"Can you walk?" I asked him.

"I can try," he said, with a pained a look on his face. With his help and my own I was able to lug him out of the car. The hospital looked eery, but I saw lights on inside, and there were cars parked in the lot. "That's a good sign," I thought, hopefully. We limped into the hospital. The sliding doors opened to greet us on our way in. I looked around. The main hall you see when you walk in is normally lit. Today it was lit, but the lights flickered on and off. "Great," I said to myself, sarcastically, "I need to stay positive for Layne and John I said quietly. We walked on.

"H-Hailey?" He said, quietly. I let out a gasp.

"How did you know my name?" I said, shaking. He looked me in the eye and said, "look at the wall to your left of the main hall. I glanced down the halls that branched off from the main one, and started walking away from the lobby, and toward the left side of the main hall. "He's right.." I thought to myself.

"Hailey, are you alright..?" John asked.

"I don't know, John. I just don't know. We need to walk on though, away from here.." He nodded in agreement. We started limping on down to the reception desk. There was an older lady there, you could tell from the back. She was still turned around in her chair, so I put my hand on my shoulder.

"Ma'am?" I said. The chair started to swivel around. The first thing I noticed was the color of her face. It was pale, as white as a sheet of paper. I then looked at her eyes.. They were looking up toward the ceiling, so I glanced up at the ceiling. It read ' Hey baby girl. '

I screamed. The only person that called me that was Layne. I looked down, shaking. I looked at the rest of the lady's face. She had been stabbed in the neck, and stabbed a few more times..with an axe. There was blood running down from her neck to her feet. She choked and sputtered blood. It just kept falling. I looked at her eyes again, before they looked glazed over, but now they looked fearful and big. They were wide open, still looking at the ceiling.

"Oh, god, John.." I said, losing the color in my face. The poor lady was bleeding out all of her blood. If she wasn't dead she would be in a few minutes, maybe less. I looked down at her hand, it was twitching. There was a paper underneath it, and a written message. It was in dark, black ink. It said ' Run, he's here. The man. I know who you are, and I can't explain how. Just know that he's back to get you. I also know you have a man with you, and that he's hurt. You'll have to take him to the ER. There's still some doctors here who can help, but be careful. '

Under the note the receptionist had written, there were directions to the ER, which was good since I had no idea where it was. This was my town's hospital, but I had never been able to not have I needed to go to the ER. That was all going to change now.

******************************

We felt around the right hall that was connected to the main. The light wasn't on, and it was the shorter way to the ER.

"I found it!" John exclaimed. He flicked the switch on, and we were instantly bathed in it's bright, yellow light. I looked at him, he really needed this. I've learned that you can't die in these dreams and that they'll wake up again, but I don't like them dying in them. It hurt too much..