The Tree Lover

Trees are an essential part of existence. They provide humans with air, materials, and just the joy of looking at them.

But they belonged outside growing at their own pace towards the sky- not sitting in front of me in the middle of class.

Glaring at the person's head, I desperately tried to find ways that I'd be able to see the black board.

Colson Oryn was a large male student who seemed- looked completely out of place in Ms. Fibbs French learning class. The class was mostly filled with girls and a few boys who were mainly interested in learning ways to sound smart.

The ratio was 5:15... and I was being punished. All the other boys were average height and sitting about the class.

This is what I get for wanting to sit by the window.

My need to always sit by the window overtook me when I first entered and without thinking of who sat where, I planted my ass in the seat.

When I came to everyone was already seated and Ms. Fibbs said that everyone would forever be sitting in their current seats.

So here, I find myself with a crane in my neck from looking to my right.

"Ok, class. Final exams start in a matter of days so it's best you study all the content that we've done. For those who are borderline or failing the class, it is advisable that you get into a a study group. You all are dismissed." Ms. Fibbs said,

The bell rang just then and the entire class sighed in relief.

I quickly packed my things and got up.

"Oh my gosh, Hana. You are so lucky that we're getting this project. Afterall, your current grade is a 49." Terra stated,

I clenched my fists together in annoyance and decided to ignore the nonentity.

"Fine, be that way but when you fail just know that it was your own doing." She scoffed and walked out the room.

"Flat ass." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"49 really? Didn't you say you were going to Paris?" I turned at the sound of the deep baritone voice to see Colson above me.

Glaring at him, I crossed my arms.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked,

He rolled his eyes and picked up his bags. I silently watched as he turned around.

"Come." He called to me and I gaped at him at the matter he was treating me.

Never has this guy ever spoken to me in the class and now all of a sudden he was ordering me to follow.

Frowning, I followed him still. He walked fast or maybe it was just his long legs that had me rushing to keep up.

He briefly glanced back, but didn't say anything.

He took me to the library all the way in the back.

"Geesh!" I groaned, trying to catch my breath.

"I'll help you pass the exam." He suddenly stated, taking a seat at the table.

"Who do you think you are? I don't remember asking you for help." I angrily snapped, crossing my arms.

He looked over at me and was silent for a moment before finally speaking. "My average in the class is a 96 and I've already studied most the content that will be on the exam." He said with a straight face.

I paused for a moment just staring at him. Breaking out a grin, I gingerly took a seat beside him and looked up at him.

"So, what's first study partner?" I asked cheerfully,