To The Booth

The only person I told about this was Ollie because he was my best friend, how could I not. He almost died when I told him he said quote “That girl is smoken hot!” But still I had no idea who she was so he explained everything and apparently she is actually a really popular singer/actress.

I stared at the number on the card. Should I do it? I don't know I mean I want to but I'm only thirteen and I'm not that pretty and definitely not star quality. I mean sure I have an okay voice but I am seriously not good with attention and I can't deal with screaming people and I can't dance so there are lots of reasons not to go through with it...

But then again their are plenty of reasons to do it. Like I get to break out of this dump for a few hours and spend time with a celebrity. Or I might actually get adopted if people hear that I am on Ariana's album. Well i only live once right? I think I wanna do it! But first I need to get permission from those people who run the joint... I think the kids call them “Carers” I don't know I just call them all lying ass bastards...

Anyway, I walked down to the office were all of them hang out. I knocked a few times and saw all their eyes look up at the door and they stuffed some stuff in the drawers and I just sighed, has the world really come to druggies looking after orphan children. Oh well...

Then the door swung opened and the head of staff summoned me in.

“Hello, Jena” he said and motioned for me to sit in the chair next to his spot on the staff table. All of the staff were there listening in on the conversation we were about to have.

“Dean” I replied bluntly slumping down in the chair and sighing.

“What is it this time?” he said getting out his check book. Okay maybe I have been in here once or twice for breaking a few things...and accidentally breaking this guys arm...I thought he was a robber, but turns out he was the delivery guy...

“I didn't do anything bad this time...” I said and they all looked at me in disbelief. Why don't people ever trust each other jeez...

“Seriously! It's just that yesterday I met this chick named Ariata-no-Arioni-no Ariana that’s it and she offered me a job working on her next album...” I told them, but of course they all started laughing. Ugh okay fine I'll just have to tell them the full story.

After I told them what happened from start to end and showed them the card they started to finally believe me.

“So can I?” I asked. God their faces had like no emotion right now it was like torture.

“Okay you can do it but we get 50% of the profits you make” he said and all the staff agreed and grinned at me. Do they actually think I'm dumb.

“Or you guys let me do it and you get nothing and I wont tell anyone about all that weed in that drawer...” I said smirking and they all stared back at me.

“Deal” was all he said and he gave me a phone pass and I left with the staff all frozen and went to the only phone the kids could use.