Home

We arrived back at Ariana's house a few days after I was adopted we had a long drive there because Ari had some sort of signing to do someplace on the way back. She was so nice though it was like every five minutes she was asking how I was doing along the ride which is something nobody has ever said to me.

I stepped out of the car and onto the gravel path to her front door. It was like nothing I had ever seen before, the grass in the front yard was mowed perfectly, the hedges were cut exact, little flowers everywhere I could see and in the distance I even saw a fountain! This was gonna be awesome. And that was only outside...

Frankie ran up to the door with our bags while Ariana locked up the car. I just stood there with my mouth open gaping at my new home.

Ariana walked up beside me and put her hands on my shoulders.

“Ready?” she asked and I nodded at her not taking my eyes off of the house.

“Well my mom is home and she is dying to spend time with you...I will try to get you out of it as soon as I can” she winked. I met Joan briefly at rehearsal but not since and I was nervous. She was my new grandmother.

Ariana and I walked up the path toward the house and the door was open ready for us to enter. Ariana smiled and gestured for me to go in, which I did. Oh...my...god. Marble floors!!!! Two stories!!! I could hear the echo from my shoes as I clomped through the entry way.

“Hello!” Joan came rushing in and squeezing me into one big hug. Ari gave me a 'oh well what are you gonna do' look and giggled.

“Hi” I whispered out between squeezes.

“Oh my goodness look how precious she is Ari! She is as pretty as you told me!” she said and I could feel my cheeks heat up. Ari must have noticed I was getting uncomfortable and spoke up.

“Uh mom, I'm gonna take Jena to her room” she said and grabbed my luggage and started walking upstairs. I smiled at Joan and she grinned back.

“Okay well nice meeting you again hun! Dinner is at 8!” she called.

“Thanks Joan!” I shouted down.

I breathed out a sigh of relief at the same time as Ari. She looked at me and smiled. She then let out a soft chuckle.

“What?” I asked. She then opened the door to a room at the end of the hall.

“Nothing, I just can't believe I have you” she smiled and I blushed once again. The door swung open fully and I looked in.

There was a king sized bed a flat screen TV a gaming console a little on suite bathroom and a little dog perched up on the bed.

“Wow you have an amazing room” I said and she started laughing.

“What?” I asked...this is becoming a common thing.

“This is your room” she said and stepped further in putting the luggage onto my bed and then turned around.

“Seriously!” I exclaimed my eyes wide open as was my mouth.

She nodded. “But that isn't even the best part” she smiled.

“Whaaaaaaaaaaat” I said sounding like those yellow things from that despicable movie.

“Nope. Have you ever seen the movie The princess diaries?” she said. I shook my head no, I haven't seen a movie in years.

“Well that is first on our to do list hun. Anyway in number two of that movie the queen gives her her own HUGE closet and that's what you have” she said then pressed a button and two doors open to this huge room with clothes and jewelry and shoes and sunglasses.

“I have my own mall!” I say running into the room and Ari stares at me.

“What?”

“That is exactly what Anne Hathaway says in the movie” Ari chuckles “Are you sure you haven't seen it?” she asked.

“I'm certain” I reply admiring all the stuff.

“Well I'll let you unpack. You can explore if you want, but I warn you don't go downstairs it's scary!” she said and I nod.

She then leaves and I breathe out a sigh of relief...agian.

I am part of a family...