Love Me Or Hate Me [08-J]

When she pulled away from me, I was lying there on the ground, in shock. She was so mad that she aimlessly wandered into traffic and almost got hit by a minivan! Had I not gone out to search for her—mainly because I knew my dad was going to come home soon and ask where she was—she would be splattered on the ground like a pancake or something! She owes me so much right now that I could take everything in her wallet and she'd still be in debt!

I knew all too well that she was going to try and play it off like nothing had happened, but when I saw the blank yet petrified look on her face, I began to think otherwise. I didn't even get the chance to ask her what was wrong because she quickly scrambled off of me and began to pace back and forth with a panicked look on her face. She probably didn't even noticed that there was a long trail of blood cascading down her arm; making this the second time she has hurt herself around me in the past twenty four hours.

So, me being the super nice person that I am, sat up and grabbed her by the shoulders; forcing her to stop. When she met my eyes, I could see pretty much every thought circulating in her head, and all I could ask was one question. “Are you stupid?”

Opening her mouth to speak, she quickly closed it and shook her head. Was she that scared that she couldn't even speak properly?

“Well, then would you mind telling me why you wandered into traffic like that? Had I not been here, you would be dead, and-” Before I could continue my sentence, she brought her fingers up to her lips and quickly traced where mine had been only minutes before. So that's what she's doing... Trying to remember our first—and last—kiss together. Grinning like the cocky ass hole that I am, I pulled away from her and shook my head. “Let me guess, I saved your life and now you're hooked on me?”

That must have set her off because the scared look on her face disappeared, her hands moved from her lips to her hips and she sent me a dirty look. “I understand that you saved me and everything, and I thank you for it, I really do, but why did you kiss me?!”

As if it wasn't a big deal—because it really wasn't—I shrugged and sent her a challenging look. “Well, you were going to get hit by a car. I pushed you out of the way, and the way we landed caused your pretty little lips to come crashing down on mine. You can't tell me you didn't love it.” Without so much as an answer, she shook her head and began walking in the direction of the house. She still hadn't acknowledged the fact that blood was trailing down her arm, so I took that as the perfect opportunity to let her know. “You know, you're losing a lot of blood from your right arm. You should take a look at it before you bleed out and the cops come to me for questioning.”

Stopping dead in her tracks, she looked down and let out a gasp. I half expected her to give me a dirty look, but much to my surprise, she did something that I would have never seen coming.

She fainted.

At first, I didn't do anything but stare at her unconscious body in awe, but then I remembered who I was dealing with and I swore to myself. If anything happens to her, her crazy ass mother will come after me and that's the last thing I want. She's a control freak who gets upset when her dinners don't go well; imagine how she's going to react when I tell her that her daughter almost got run over, lost a shit load of blood, and is now unconscious on a random side walk...

She'll skin me alive!

With a sigh, I picked up Isabelle's body and continued the walk to my house. Several people on the sidewalk were giving me strange looks, but after flipping them off, I continued the walk until I was finally on my porch, and inside my house. Not a single person was in sight, which I was grateful for, so I brought her up to my room and lied her down on the bed. I felt a little weird doing that, considering I had only had sex on it a few hours ago, but what Isabelle didn't know wouldn't kill her.