Love Me Or Hate Me [20-J]

A few hours had passed since Isabel said what she said to me, and even though I tried my hardest to make it seem like it didn't bother me, I knew it did, and she knew it did, too. She even went to the lengths of waking up early this morning to catch a bus to school instead of riding with me because she didn't want anything to do with me anymore! But this time is worse than the last time she was mad at me. Way worse.

Sure, she was speaking to me, but her voice was monotone, her answers were short and she just seemed so uninterested in me. I don't know if it was my ego that was upset, or if it really bothered me that she had just kicked me out of her life without so much as a proper goodbye. . . Maybe it was both? Maybe I just wasn't used to rejection and that's why I didn't understand that pain that was beginning to brew up in my chest.

'Or maybe it's love. . .'

I chuckled at the thought and shook my head, pulling into the school parking lot. A few students watched me and waved through the windshield, but I didn't so much as give them a head nod. My brain was in so many places at once and I didn't understand it. There was no way that I had fallen for Is in only a week and a half. Shit like that doesn't happen unless it's some corny novel or a movie that was based off of a book by Stephanie Meyer. The thought of “love” disgusted me enough as it was, so the idea of me ever falling in it made me shudder.

Not wanting to think about it anymore, I turned off my car and blew out a sigh before stepping out and making my way across the parking lot and into the school. A few hello's were thrown my way again, but this time, I waved to a few and then continued on my way. Everything was going pretty fine too until I saw a familiar head of brown hair in the distance. Her curves were accentuated with a pair of skinny jeans and a tight, purple t-shirt from Hollitster. On her feet were a pair of purple Vans and much to my surprise, her glasses weren't on her face.

“Isabel. . ?”

I hadn't even realized that I said her name aloud until she looked over in my direction with a curious glint in her eyes—one that quickly disappeared as she gave me the usual poker face that she had been giving me since last night. When I didn't say anything, she looked back at her locker and continued grabbing her books until she had everything she needed and she walked away without so much as looking back in my direction. It kind of hurt that someone who had so much love for me one day was now the person who wanted me out of her life. Had I messed up that badly?

Remembering everything that I had said to her yesterday, I bit my lower lip and looked down at my shoes; ashamed that I had gone that low and hurt one of the only people who actually ever cared for me. Of course, I wasn't going to let it show; I had a reputation to uphold in the school and whether or not I was graduating in a few months meant nothing to me; I had to keep my image up in case something with Isabel were to happen.

I wouldn't have anything to do with her by then, and I guess that was fine.

Looking in her direction on more time, I turned on my heal and went to go find someone to help me relieve all of my stress and built up anger. Someone who was always more than willing to help me when something like this were to come up.

I swallowed what little pride I had left before grabbing her shoulder and turning her around to face me. “Candy, come with me.”