Chapter 2

The next morning, I woke up at 5:30 with my dad like I always have. I got dressed in my Seattle Mariners zip up sweatshirt, dark blue ripped skinny jeans, and my black and white Nike sneakers. I quickly braided my long brown hair into two French braids, and bounced down the stairs with my duffel bag over my shoulder. I literally ran around the house grabbing everything I would need for the last basketball game of the season.

"Slow down," my dad said, handing me a premade protein shake.

"I'm sorry. I just forgot to pack my duffel bag last night," I said.

"It's fine," he said. "Just don't wake Bella."

"I won't. You're gonna be there tonight, right?" I asked.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. Billy and some of the others are coming too. Probably Sam and his friends," my dad said.

"That's awesome," I said.

At 7:00 Bella finally found her way downstairs. She was dressed in an oversized brown shirt and baggy jeans. Way to make an impression, Bells.

"Hey, Bella," my dad said. "I asked Lizzie to look out for you today."

"I don't need a babysitter," she whined.

"Fine," I said, standing up from the table and making myself a piece of toast. "I won't babysit you, but don't whine to me tonight when you're late to every class."

She rolled her eyes and went into the living room for something. Dad looked at me like he wanted to yell at me, but couldn't bring himself to do it.

"Hey, here's five bucks. Can you pick me up a Powerade and a candy bar for tonight?" I asked, setting the money on the table.

"I'm not taking the money that you earned," he said.

"Yeah, because babysitting is sooooo difficult," Bella said, re-entering the kitchen.

"At least I work for my money and don't whine to everyone else to buy me stuff," I said. "Sorry, Dad, but you know I don't let anyone talk to me like that."

"Just keep up the attitude on the court tonight," he said before leaving for work.

"I'm leaving for school," I said. I didn't wait for a response as I heard my best friend Morgan's car pull up.

"Ready for tonight?" Faith, the point guard for our basketball team asked.

"Beyond," I replied, not moving from my seat on the hood of Morgan's car. School didn't start for another thirty minutes, but the lot was filling up fast.

"Hey, hottie," my boyfriend, Luke, said, walking up to me.

"Hey," I said, reaching my hand out for his as he walked up.

"What's up?" He asked, pecking my lips quickly.

"What do you mean?" I responded.

"Your dad answered the phone last night and said you were in bed at 7:30," he said.

"Sorry about that. It's just that Bella came home last night, and I wasn't in the mood to put up with her shit," I said.

"Who's the hot new girl in the killer truck?" He asked, looking over at Bella's orange truck.

"My sister," I snapped.

"Dang," he said. "She is hot."

"Really?" I asked. "Actually, I've been thinking about this for a while. We are done. I'm not going to let you stand here and talk about how hot other girls are. You and me are over."

I hopped off the hood of the car and headed to class without looking back at him. I needed to forget about him, at least until after the game tonight.