Chapter 55

By the time we made it to the hotel in our rental car, Paul couldn't keep his hands off me. I had to leave him in the car to check into the hotel. He spent the next three days in that same mood. He literally only left the hotel room to get food. Bye day number four, I had decided we were going to go see something besides the four walls of our hotel room.

"Paul, babe, come on. Let's go surfing," I said, throwing his swimming trunks at him.

"You can't surf," he said, standing up and changing into his swim trunks while he continued to talk. "You can't do much of anything. You don't want to risk tearing your hip flexor tendon again."

"But, I want to go see things. If it's that big of a deal, we could always find a cliff to go diving," I said, tying the top of my maroon bikini top around my neck.

"Why don't we head down to the beach?" He asked. "I'm pretty sure there's one right near here. We could walk."

"It sounds perfect," I said, slipping a black bikini cover up on top of my maroon top and floral bottoms.

"Babe, you look hot in that bikini," he said, walking over to me and pulling me into his chest. He planted his lips on mine, deepening the kiss and trying to get me to give up on the beach.

"We're still going to the beach," I said, running my fingers through his hair.

"Babe, you look too hot. Guys are gonna be staring at you," he whined, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Like the girls aren't going to stare at you," I said. "Besides, they're going to be staring at the scars, not my body."

"Babe, I'm really sorry about that. I know I apologized before, but I still regret wolfing out like that. There are nights I wake up in a cold sweat because I was dreaming that it was your face or you didn't make it," he said, his voice softening more as he spoke.

"I know, babe," I said, stepping closer to him and wrapping my arms across his shoes before twisting his hair in my fingers. "Don't ever regret wolfing out though, because that's how you protect me and our son and the tribe."

"I never looked at wolfing out like that," he said, leaning down and kissing my lips softly. "Thanks, babe. I feel a lot better now."

"I love you, Paul," I said, pulling him closer to me and standing on my tiptoes to bury my face in his neck. I took a few deep breaths, taking in the way he smelled. He smelled so much like the woods in La Push, even after being gone for a few days. Still, his smell was uniquely him.

"I love you too, Elizabeth," he said, burying his face in my neck in return. He moved his hand to run his fingers through my hair, and whined slightly at the fact that it was braided.

"Let's head to the beach," I whispered, kissing his neck just below his ear before stepping away and heading towards the door.

I heard Paul pocketing his wallet and phone as he followed me out the door and to the elevator. I wrapped my left arm around his waist while his right arm fell across my shoulders. The walk to the beach was quiet and peaceful. It was a quick walk to the beach, just down the road in this small town. Well, as small as we were getting in Hawaii. I guess most of the beach towns are cities, which is understandable.

"Babe, did you grab towels?" Paul asked as I kicked off my sandals and bent to pick them up.

"They're in my bag," I said. "I'm a mom. I remember everything."

"I'm so glad I married you, babygirl," he said.

"Paul, promise me something," I said. He only hummed in response. "No matter how old we get, or how embarrassing it is to our son and any future kids, we'll always be us."

"What do you mean by be us?" He asked.

"We'll always act young and in love, like when you pull me into your lap when I walk past and your eating at Emily's table, or when we kiss each other randomly. I don't want that to die," I said, staring at the ocean and wrapping my arms around Paul's waist.

"I won't let that die, so long as you don't," he said. "Besides, as parents our goal should be to embarrass Grayson as much as possible."

"I like that goal," I said, smiling up at him as he looked down into my eyes. He cracked a smile as more people started to arrive at the beach. It was about two in the afternoon, and we needed to be back in the hotel by 8:00 pm for our nightly phone call with Grayson. It helped my dad put him to sleep, so Paul and I were more than willing to do it.

The rest of our honeymoon was spent split between dinners out, the beach, and our hotel room. I was really upset that our honeymoon was ending, and now I'd be the alpha female, feeding the pack, and having to be their motherly figure. I was however happy that I'd get to see my son and the rest of my family again. I wasn't used to being away from them like this, and I missed them all like crazy.

"Ready to go, babe?" Paul asked.

"I don't want to, but I can't wait to see Gray," I said, picking up my suitcase and double checking to make sure we had everything before we left the heat and the sun of Hawaii for the rain and cool temperatures in La Push.