Chapter 9: Lets Run Away

"We  gathered here today to baptize Sis. Tamara for she has committed her life to the dangerous sin of loving a woman." Pastor Ass Hole said. He preached about me all day from Sunday school to morning worship. I felt like a freak show sitting in the middle of the pues way up in the front. All I heard was whispers and the heat from everyone ones breath breathing down my back.

"Yes Lord FORGIVE my daughter for she has sinned. Please Jesus forgive her for she not know what she is doing. Its the devil Lord." My moma prayed while holding my hands.

I turned to my right to see Vanessa. Her makeup was running n her tears were black. She hated the fact that they were doing this but she never left my side for even a second she just sat there and cried. She has a bad temper im surprised she didn't get up and slap the pastor by now.

"Stop looking at her sinner. This is for your own good Tamara im trying to help you." My mom whispered gripping my hand tight. I pushed her hand away, got up from my seat, turned to Vanessa and kissed her right in front of everyone in church.

"Helping me? YOUR HELPING ME? You all are hurting me. Keeping me from my happiness? Think you're helping me? DO YOU REALLY? Your not at all. I love her and if you don't like it... FVCK YOU! God forgive my language but I just want happiness." I grabbed Vanessa and ran through the church doors.

"Baby... BABY SLOW DOWN. Are you sure you want to rebel against the church? This is a big step your mom might kick you out of the house." She stopped in her tracks crying and pulled me back.

"GET IN THE DAMN CAR VANESSA!" I yelled but I didn't mean too.

"Tamara calm down. Just breathe where we gonna go? Where we gonna live? How we gonna feed ourselves?.." she said sounding scary as always.

"VANESSA! Let me worry about all that. I got plenty of secrets you don't know about. Do you trust me baby?"

"Baby this is a...."

"DO YOU TRUST?" I cut her off, reaching out for her to grab my hand. She grabbed my hand nodded and we drove off. I love Vanessa enough to make her my wife.

"Vanessa baby?" I said in my baby voice. She didn't answer me she just looked at me worried, scared and probably thinks im cray cray now but I know what im doing. I got some tricks up my sleeve.

"Vanessa...... would you like to be my girlfriend? We been through so much, you've been here for me, your still here for me and im in love with you."

Vanessa face light up like a Christmas tree and tears started to run down her face. "YES TAMARA YES I WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND." She screamed so loud it made my heart skip a beat.

"Now since your my girlfriend. I umm... I got something to tell you." I said nervously. The secret no one knows about but God and I is about to be unfold. I hope she will still love me after this.

"What is it Tamara?" She said with that wtf face.

"You will see but before we head there we needa go grab.... my car" I said.

"You have a car? Why you never drove it?" She said with a huge attitude

"Thats apart of the secret... well secrets.. " I said quietly.

"SECRETS? Tamara did you just say SECRETS? I told you everything about me and you been keeping secrets you piece of shvt." Her words hurt me, cut through me like a thin piece of paper.

"Vanessa baby its a secret because if people knew they would look at me as if im totally different person. It would be a disaster." I said crying and now driving a little faster.

"I DONT CARE WHY NOT TELL ME? " she yelled

"BECAUSE YOU WOULD'VE NEVER LOVED ME FOR ME." I screamed voice cracking and slammed on brakes. Vanessa was quiet because she know its true. She knows I would never keep anything from her unless it was life or death and if I was protecting someone. She just kissed me on the cheek and we pulled into my house.

"Let me grab some clothes and my car keys." I ran into the house through my mom's keys on her bed and went to go pack. I reached into my jewelry box were I taped my car keys to the bottom drawer. I looked at my room one more time and ran to the backyard. There's my baby sitting in my neighbor's yard a black on black dodge charger. As I pulled up to the front I watched as Vanessa mouth dropped to her knees.

"Baby come on stop staring at it." I said impatiently.

She opened the door and started feeling my all white leather seats.

"Baby, what the hell do you do to get this type of car? Isnt this the new model? Wait do you sell dope? Omg Tamara your a drug dealer." She asked and assumed

"Shut up. You're asking way too many questions." I demanded

"Tamara where are we heading? " Vanessa asked slowly

"To my house... In Texas. Then from there when the heat dies down to my apartment in New Orleans I remember in 7th grade when you told the Sunday school class that it was your dream to go there." I added to atleast put a smile on her face but she just stared and I wonder... what was she thinking?