♥ 11 [ e l e v e n ]

It was bright. Kind of blurry and hazy. I saw a little girl, [h/l] [h/c] hair a mess with twigs and leaves, bandages dotted a few spots on her leg to hide scratches and wounds beneath.

She was crouching on the ground in her dirtied white dress from climbing the tree above her. She was hunched over, holding something in her hands carefully as if she's protecting it with her small hands from harm.

She stood up, turning around with a happy smile. Her face shimmered. The little girl was me.

Another memory. When was this again? When I was eight or so?

I seemed to call out to someone from my spot. My voice was muffled as it matched the atmosphere of the dream.

I still held something between my hands, my and covered atop of my other to prevent whatsoever.

Two boys of the same age as me in the dream approached me and their eyes widened in surprise and wonder when they saw what the I held in my hands.

A rhinoceros beetle.

We laughed happily, letting the insect crawl into the other boy's hand.

A shadow appeared, approching me. I turned to look and my expression immediately changed.

We seemed to exchange words I couldn't comprehend from the muffled voices. But it didn't took a genius for one to figure out that Mom was upset with me playing with those boys, because abruptly, she grabbed my arm and started to drag me away from the boys.

I didn't say anymore. I looked down as Mom took me away.

My vision blinked. This time, everything was dark. I was myself and not watching a scenario of my memories. Like a first person point of view this time.

Mom was still in front of me, still dragging me by the arm. Except, I wasn't a kid anymore, but what I am now.

Slowly, Mom let go of my hand and the darkness seemed to swallow her up.

"Mom?..."

Until she disappeared and a feeling nagged at me that she will never come back.

"Mom? Mom?!" I desperately looked around but only darkness and the faint echo of my voice greeted me.

I started to cry, feeling the anxiety welling up to my throat until it choked me.

"Mom!..." I sobbed.

She's all I had.

"[f/n]?..."

Don't take her away...

"[f/n]?...."

That voice?

★★★

I woke up from something cold pressed against my cheek.

I jumped and turned to look and saw a canned coffee held up a few inches from my face. I looked up and saw Oikawa. He handed me the can.

"[f/n]?" His face was contorted in confusion and worry. Eyebrows furrowed, he crouched down to my level and grabbed the towel that hung on his shoulder with his free hand.

My head ached and my chest kinda feels tight. But still I kept my stare at him, a bit disoriented from that strange dream.

"You're crying" he said in a low voice filled with worry and concern. Different from his usual tone.

Then he wiped the tears that I didn't realize were there until I touched my cheek.

He gingerly wiped the tears away with the towel whilst cradling my cheeks between his hands, the towel pressed to a side of my face.