「 ✩ * º I CAN'T LET GO / IAN KINSLER. 」

IAN KINSLER IMAGINE

" i can't let go - for rease "

"If you could change anything, would you?"

It's an odd question that had Rease sort of scratching her head, frowning as she looked at her boyfriend, Ian Kinsler.

"Uh — what?"

Her voice slightly cracked as she asked. Forgive her but, it being their one year anniversary and all, she was under the impression that the day would be spent with sweet kisses, red roses, and sweet memories —

Not questions of regrets or changes. Those never crossed her mind.

He looked at her from his spot across the table, the dim lighting of the restaurant giving him a face of shadows.

Rease can still see his smile, though.

"You know..."

"No, Ian, I don't." She twirled the straw of her drink around. It gave her something to do other than ponder the what ifs of the situation.

(Was he going to leave? Was this not an anniversary celebration, but rather a declaration of giving up? Was Ian about to throw in the towel?)

Ian made a face at her statement. His mouth became a straight line and he folded his hands on the table.

"I just wanted to see if there was anything in the past year that you would change if you could." He explained. "I mean, it's been a ride, yeah?"

"Yeah." Rease nodded along, a little dazed.

Would she change anything? She tried to organize the memories, in order to go through then like pictures in a photo album. Ian was right — the last year had been a ride, bumpy at times but exhilarating all the while.

ミ ━━━━

Rease was absolutely not trying to meet Ian on the day they met. She was trying her best to ensure that her little cousin, an avid baseball fan, would get an autograph from her favorite Tiger — Miguel Cabrera.

Rease's uncle had found out from a guy who knew a guy who knew a girl who knew a guy's cousin, who alleged that Miggy would be signing autographs at a local mall.