「 ✩ * º AGAINST ALL ODDS / GIANCARLO STANTON. 」

GIANCARLO STANTON IMAGINE

" against all odds - for chelsie "

When Chelsie and Giancarlo broke up, it was pretty messy, to say the least.

The very least.

They both had said things they weren't proud of (her telling him he'd just be the answer to some question on a trivia show, him telling her that he should have kicked her to the curb months before because he knew she just wanted him for the fame). After they'd both broken each other's hearts in the worst of ways, it was time to pack up and move on.

However, that was much easier said than done. Chelsie was sure she'd be able to pick up the pieces and go on with her life eventually, but when every little thing seemed to remind her of Giancarlo, well, there were quite a few bumps in the road.

ミ ━━━━

As for Giancarlo, things weren't much better. He started slumping something awful. He didn't see the ball the way he used to and, as much as he wanted to push everything that had happened to the back of his mind, he couldn't.

Every time the pitcher threw something, he'd hear the same echo of himself calling Chelsie a 'good for nothing gold digger,' and he froze.

So, yeah, he struck out quite often.

As the weeks turned into months, the other plans that the universe had in store for the two of them began to let themselves be known. Chelsie finally got her degree and moved into an apartment with her sisters.

It was like it had been when they were younger, only except they could stay up as late as they wanted, they'd tell each other with the same secret smile.

Giancarlo got back to dazzling crowds of thousands with his power. It took a lot of soul searching (and a series where he was noticeably absent from the lineup) to get back on it, but once he was back, the world knew. It was impossible not to.

After he hit that first home run, he was greeted with hugs, high fives along with choruses of "there he is!" and "welcome back, G!"

It felt good to be back.

━━━━ ミ