o n e

Hi, I'm Cassie and I am going to tell you a bit about my life and how I am standing here, witnessing the worst most possible thing I could imagine.
It all started, 5 years ago. When I was sitting out front of my favourite coffee shop and this beautiful guy came up to me, his short brown hair waving in the wind
"Hi, I see you here almost everyday, in the same spot, reading a different book, for about 3 months now." He helped himself to an empty seat at my table, his deep voice filled the air around me.
I lowered my sunnies, having a good look at him.
"Stalker?" I laughed.
His cheeks went bright red and I saw the nerves running through him, he rubbed his hands through his perfect hair.
I lowered my book. And I NEVER lower a book for anyone in my life. "Relax, I'm kidding." I saw the stress lift off of his shoulders.
"How did you know that?" I asked.
"I come here everyday, ordering my usual and I sit right over there." He pointed to a table in the corner, where the sun shines. I looked over.
"But you never noticed me, Ive never once seen you look up from your books, until now."
I bit my lip, suddenly feeling insecure as his greenie brown eyes watched me for the past 3 months, he would have seen all my imperfections, oh and worst of all, my concentration face.
"I really am trying not to sound crazy, and completely creepy-"
I cut him off. "You don't, you impress me." I shocked myself with that one,
He also looked shocked, his thick bushy eyebrows pinched together.
"Why?" he asked me nervously. He was fiddling his thumbs together.
"Attention to detail. Taking you 3 months to work the courage to talk to me, and taking you 3 seconds to wish you did it sooner." He bit his lip looking nervously away.
"It's okay, I wish you did sooner too." He looked at me, his eyes were shimmering, and his white teeth poked through his lips.
"Cassie, Cassie Bailey."
I put my book down, completely closing it, my safety net, gone.
I slipped my sunglasses up, sitting them on top of my long blonde hair, revealing my dark brown eyes.
He stared into them, for a little too long.
"Grayson, Grayson Dolan."

And thats where the little shit had me. Some parts of me tell me that, if I could rewind time and do everything over again. I wouldn't put my book down.
But ill get to that later.

VOTE AND COMMENT