t w o

I am writing this story, as Grayson sits in a coma. I'm not good at writing but, I miss him, so I thought I would write down from the moment we met to, well now.
Writing gives me a sense of peace that I don't have when I am not writing. I forget whats happening all around me, I remember the good times.

After Grayson had the courage to come up to me at my coffee shop. He asked me out on a date, You don't usually get that, that's what brought me to say yes. Most people meet online and chat through text's. Not us though, we preferred interacting face to face, we basically spent every minute of our days together, being hopelessly in love.
On our first date, we met at my coffee shop, which was soon to be 'our' coffee shop. He bought me my usual and he bought his, taking me down to a quiet lake where the ground was covered in orange n brown leaves. The autumn season was always my favourite, he spread out a red checked blanket and we sat there drinking coffee, looking at the sun glistening on the water, as we talked about our selves.
"Whats your favourite colour?" he asked, he seemed interested, completely focused on my words.
"Orange, It is so bright and just utterly gorgeous, and it also compliments me."
He giggled.
He asked me little quirky questions throughout our first date, he seemed interested in the littlest things, he made it seem as if every word that slipped out of my mouth, was extremely important.
I remember nervously sliding closer. "I like how you ask questions that no one would care to know about me."
I remember him looking at me with his big brown eyes. With his deep voice, almost a whisper "I like the simplest things about you, I wanna know everything."
I thought he was going to kiss me, I was dropping hints the whole date for him to kiss me but he never did, and I never understood why until now.
As I write all this, thinking back, I realised he always wanted our firsts to be at our coffee shop.
The first time we met, he never stopped me as I got up and walked away, to speak to me.
The time he asked me out, and before our date, we started it there.
Our first kiss..
He packed the blanket up and took me back to the coffee shop.
I got out and ordered us our usual, and sat down at my table, He wanted to sit at his but, It wouldn't be the same if I sat there.
He went to his car, grabbing something out of the back, wrapped up.
He handed it to me sitting down.
"Open it." He said excitedly.
I opened the gold wrapping paper to find, a variety of books, that I also loved and have always wanted to read.
He said to me. "Now you can read them here, and always think of me."
"Do you like them?" I realised I hadn't said anything, I was just too happy.
"Oh Grayson, I love them." I threw my arms around him.
And that's where he lightly put his hand on my chin, lifting my face up.
He leaned in, and I remember the butterflies that raised to my stomach the second before our lips connected.
And then we kissed. Making my butterflies go away and all I could feel was love and I know he could feel it too.

VOTE AND COMMENT