s e v e n

I guess I should tell you, how I am sitting here, waiting for Grayson to wake up from a coma. Ive been dreading the day I write this.
It was the day he was going to ask me to marry him. He asked me to meet him at Ezra's Coffee Shop, so I did, I ordered our usual, and sat and waited.
I looked up, and I saw him, coming towards me from across the road.
Time stood still, I noticed him, glowing, something felt different, little did I know it was because he was going to ask me to be his wife.
I remember staring into his brown eyes from across the road, I was so happy to see him, I was every time even if we were away for 1 day, I mouthed "I love you" and so did he, I swear I heard him faintly say it as he mouthed it back, and then he stepped onto the road, coming to ask me to be his forever.
And a car came out of no where. He didn't see it, damn Grayson why didn't you see it? The soft words of Grayson saying "I love you." lingered in the air.
Every thing stopped, and I mean every thing. I couldn't breathe, every thing went silent. At least in my mind it did.
I ran over, as Ezra called the ambulance. Holding him in my hands, I truly thought he was dead, I truly did.
The ambulance came and took him away, it was too serious to let me come with him. I fell to the ground, crying, I couldn't stop, I found a little orange box at the end of my knees, and I opened it, this beautiful diamond ring was sitting there, I couldn't believe it. The most perfect man wanted to marry me, that gave me hope, that he was alive and that I was going to marry him.
I got to the hospital, he had internal bleeding in his brain, several spinal injuries, and so many more things I can't even explain.
He still looked like Grayson on the outside though, just a bit broken on the inside.
They are keeping him in a coma until it is safe for him to wake up, It's been weeks and weeks but it feels like forever.
I didn't sleep for days, didn't even go to the coffee shop, I stayed with him, but he would have wanted me to to take care of myself. So I carried on, not moving on but, just waiting for him, I wear the ring, even though he didn't get the chance to ask, but I would have said yes, I do say yes.
Forever, a million times, yes.