f o u r

He took me on plenty of dates, but there was this one date that I constantly think about. We met at the coffee shop, and he put me in his car, and we drove for a few hours, not chatting, just in silence, the only sound filling the car was soft music. I remember my heart racing and the butterflies I got when he put his large hand over my small thigh. We pulled up to a little trail on the side of the road, we were in the middle of no where.
We walked, hand in hand for 20 minutes, and thats when I realised, why we drove and walked for a while. It was the second most beautiful thing I had seen, Grayson being number one, of course.
This paddock laid in front of my eyes, purple, yellow, orange, red, pink, colours filled everywhere with tiny flowers everywhere.
Everything was so open, we walked to the middle of the paddock, and we layed on our back, sun glistening onto our skin. After taking in the beauty he spoke to me.
"You know, I use to go to a school a bit away, I would take the bus everyday after school, walk 20 minutes to here and home, just to take my mother a flower, she didn't want me to go through all the trouble, but I wanted too." He giggled, and I did.
"I wondered how there was flowers still left in this paddock." We giggled more.
I loved how he was so gentle hearted, always had been, and if he went through all the trouble everyday to give his mother a flower, she had to be just as lovely, I later found out I was right, but I wanted to meet them after I heard this story.
The date consisted of me listening to Grayson's soft deep voice fill the air into my ears, I didn't mind, I loved listening him talk, much more then me speaking to him. He started talking about the story I wanted to hear. The coffee shop.
"I went there for a while before I started noticing you, I walked past it once and I wanted a coffee so, I ordered and turns out, it was the greatest thing to ever touch my tongue, except for you." He winked and kissed my cheek, then continued on. "I tried every different drink they had on the menu, and my usual I have now, was the first one I ever bought, it tasted amazing, still does." He smiled as he watched the sun, and I watched the sun shine in his eyes, turning them green. "I looked up from ordering a coffee and I went and sat down at my seat and you were reading, sipping your coffee without even looking away from your book, there would be a loud noice in the distance and you wouldn't even budge." He giggled. "I watched you for 3 damn months." he shook his head. "And the only thing I regret is not talking to you sooner." I remember a tear falling down my face, I wish he met me sooner, so I could've had 3 more months with him, I know I can spend the rest of my life with him but, I cherish a second with him.
"I came back the same time everyday, after I worked out when you went there, I needed to see you, you made my days better just by existing close by to me. I am still shocked I get to have you, all to myself. Not only do you make my days better, you make me better, my life better, my happiness." He closed his eyes for a brief second. "you're my happiness."
I remember his words lingering in the flower filled air, radiating off my heart, my brain wouldn't.. cannot comprehend my adoration that I had for Grayson Dolan, on this day...everyday.
He made my heart tingle, as he said he wanted me all to himself, and he does.

VOTE AND COMMENT