Samantha

THE NEXT MORNING

Last night, Greyson walked me home. I never thought we'd bump into each other again. Which was kind of weird for my part, since I knew about him and how we used to be. Strange thing is, I don't know the proper way to say it. I mean, I can't just tell him 'Hey Greyson, it's me, it's Sam. Remember when we used to hang out when we were kids and when I left you for Colorado?' No. Just, no.

He asked for my name so I simply said, Samantha. I did not want him to know. I did not know how to make him know. He'll be upset, he'll ignore me. And who knows, he might do the same thing I did to him. He might leave me. Like what I did five years ago.

Cellphone rings: unknown number.

"Hey. It's Greyson. (:"

I reply: "Hi Greyson. I still have your hoodie on. :)" I must admit the minute he gave me the hoodie I blushed. Jacob never done that for me before. Ring.

"It's yours. It's cold. (:"

I reply back: "No, I have other hoodies. :) I'll bring this back to you later."

Jacob hasn't texted me yet, though. The fact that he's my boyfriend here and not Greyson.

BY AFTERNOON

"Jacob's downstairs." Dawn says, opening the door to my room.

"What does he want?"

"You, obviously." She sits down the edge of my bed. "Samantha. You're his girlfriend."

"He does not treat me like one."

But behind all the chaos happening between Jacob and me, I knew I love him and he loves me and I think that's all that matters right now.

"I'll tell him to go up and here, okay?" Dawn goes down.

Exit Dawn. Enter Jacob.

"Jacob."

"I really miss it when you call me Coby."

"No. Jacob."

"I don't really like it when you call me Jacob. It's like you're so serious about ever--"

"Look. Jacob."

He sighed, and went near me. He sat down the bed to my feet. I was sat up at the bed, he leaned in to kiss my cheek. "I heard some ass guy went over to bring you home last night."

"Excuse me but we bumped into each other. He was actually being nice," I tell. Suddenly, my voice goes much lighter. "After all, you're the ass guy here... Getting drunk and leaving his girlfriend walking home alone."

He sighs. "We can still work things out between the both of us, Samantha." His hand felt my cheek. "Look at me. I love you."

"Oh I don't know, Jacob."

"I know you love me."

"I do. But it's not enough."

I stood up from the bed, but he remained stable.

"Fine, Samantha. Fine. If this is what you want." He stands up.

"Now you're mad?" My eyes widen.

"You're making a big deal about everything that happened last night."

"You're sophomore for heaven's sake. You shouldn't... you shouldn't be wasting your life spending lots of time being a jerk whenever the popular seniors are around."

"They're my friends."

"Oh yeah?" I go near the bed to where he was standing two inches away from, and reached out for my checkered jacket. "Too bad your friends can't be my friends, too." I smile at him sarcastically.

"Now if you'd excuse me, I'm going somewhere."

"And where would that be?"

"Why do you even care?"

"I'm your boyfriend, I have the right to care."

"Oh yeah? You should've cared to take me home last night."

He remained silent.

"Alright. We're done here. Bye." I leave and slam the door shut.