Chapter 7

❝I love my daddy. My daddy's everything. I hope I can find a man that will treat me as good as my dad.❞ㄧ Lady Gaga

          It was now Sunday. Matt said that he would meet me in the hall at about 1:45 p.m., so we can go to our volleyball practices. Since it was only ten in the morning, I had a lot of time to kill.

          Spencer was gonna stay at her camp until next Sunday, so I had 2 weeks of freedom. She was really cute, but she has become the center of attention for my dad. It's not that I was selfish, but it was just that my dad would buy her more things as presents, he would spend more time with her, and he even helped her more with homework than he ever did with me when I was little. It just wasn't fair. Also, sometimes Spencer would get really annoying and clingy, or overreacted over the smallest things, and it was just great to have a break from all that.

          I watched some TV while I told my dad everything about Matt. I kind of got passed the awkwardness and realized that my dad also had a time when he dated too. Overall, my dad was extremely happy that I finally matured, and that I had someone to support me, other than him.

          At one in the afternoon, I took a shower and changed into my team uniform. I was pretty lucky, considering, that it wasn't ugly at all. The top was a long-sleeve shirt with a hot pink top, that fades into a light-blue at the bottom. Our numbers were written on the chest area, and on the back. The bottoms were just extremely short black shorts that stuck to your skin. I tied my hair into a ponytail, sprayed it, and put a headband to keep my baby hairs in place. I packed my bag with extra essentials and walked out the door. Matt was already standing there. He was wearing a simple black and white uniform, with the number 14 written on his back. Even though he was just in gym clothes, he looked amazing.

          The first practice was great. The people on my team and I have practiced a lot during the school year, so they were already prepared. I was very excited for the season to start, and to see what our scores would be at in the end.

          It was about 4:40. Matt bought me some coffee as he drove me back home. We walked back to our apartments, and before we split, he kissed me, and then pulled me into a big hug.

          "Bye, Lena. Text me before you go sleep okay?" He said, pulling his fingers through my hair.

          "Bye. I will." I stepped away and walked inside. I was really tired, but my dad had made us dinner.

          "Hey, sweetie! How was practice?" He asked, grinning weirdly.

          "It was great! Everybody knew what they were doing. We are already basically prepared for the start of the season."

          "Well, Elena, once the season is over, and no matter what your ranks are, I bought a family trip to Cuba. If you want, you can even ask Matt to come with you... If his father lets him, of course..." He said, looking very happy.

          "Oh my God, dad! That's the best thing ever! When's the trip?" I ran to him, hugging the crap out of him.

          "It's in a month, right after the season finishes."

          "Thanks, dad! I never thought you would do something like this!" We sat down, ate dinner before it got cold, and I texted Matt the good news. He responded, saying that his father was totally ok with it, as long as we were always together with mine.

          I took another shower to get all the dirt and sweat off of me, I texted Matt goodnight, and I fell asleep.

          Two days later, I woke up to my dad yelling.

          "Elena! Come on! Matt is at the door waiting for you!" Huh? Why would He come to my door without telling me? I got out of bed and ran to the door.

          "Hey! what's up?" I said, trying to fix my hair to look decent.

          "So, remember how I said I would take you someplace every week? Well, today is the only day you can come to this one, so hurry up! Get changed, I will stand here and wait for you." He was wearing black shorts with a plain blue t-shirt. He still looked hot.

          "Come sit down at least. This is gonna take a while."

          "Okay." He sat down on our couch, and my dad immediately sat next to him and started to give him the I-will-hunt-you-down-and- kill-you-if-you-do-anything-to- my-daughter talk. I walked over to my closet shaking my head. I chose a sundress and white flats, and put some light makeup on. I walked out of the bathroom, and my dad and Matt stood up staring at me.

          "Well? What are you staring at? Matt, let's go... please... before my dad starts kissing our feet..." I say, giving my dad the stop-acting-so-weirdly-you-are-embarrassing-me look.

          We walked over to Matt's car, and he drove us to a marine park called 'Marineland'.

          "I'm guessing you haven't been here... Correct?"

          "Yep. Never went anywhere." I replied as we walked to the entrance. He bought us our passes, and we went inside. Again, he had stories for each aquarium. He truly did have an awesome childhood.

          Time flew by very quickly. Before we knew it, it was already two in the afternoon, and we still didn't have lunch. I didn't have breakfast either, but that wasn't a problem. We got to a little fast food restaurant inside the park. We ordered our food, of course, he paid for everything, and we sat there, enjoying the view. Before leaving, we took many pictures and went to a dolphin trick show. We got splashed a few times, but I was saved by my waterproof makeup. Everything else didn't matter. By the time we got back to our car, it was four o'clock. My dad didn't give me an exact time to come home by, so I wasn't worried. As he drove, Matt told me that we weren't quite finished. We still had to go to the movies, because Jurassic World 2 just came out, and it was playing exclusively. This is why he said that we could only go today. First, we had an awesome dinner at a fancy restaurant (obviously he changed before walking in), and then we headed to the movie theater. He showed the tickets for both of us to the person working at the counter, and we sat down. We watched the movie, as he wrapped his arms around me, and I leaned on his shoulder, half asleep.

          The movie ended, the lights turned back on, and we exited the theater.

          "Did you like it? Please tell me you liked it..." He asked, making puppy eyes.

          "Of course I liked it. It's about dinosaurs. Anything is awesome when it involves them."

          "Very true." He replied, turning on his car.

          "He drove us back home and kissed me goodnight as I went back inside my apartment. My dad was already sleeping. I checked the time. It was only 9:00, but I was pretty tired. I changed out of my clothes, plunged into my bed, and fell sound asleep.