Chapter 12

❝Most people have no imagination. If they could imagine the sufferings of others, they would not make them suffer so.❞ㄧ Anna Funder

          Days have passed, and my family vacation was tomorrow. I still haven't packed, but I came to a conclusion that I don't need much time anyway. Matt packed a long time ago since he was extremely excited to be able to have a whole week with me and my dad. My dad promised that he wouldn't be overprotective, and he even let us have our own room to ourselves, and he would just be with Spencer. My dad came in my room as I finished leaving another message for Cleo.

          "Are you excited?" He asked me and gave me a big hug.

"Of course I am, dad. But are you really letting me have a separate room with Matt?" I asked, curious to know why he was being such a nice parent.

          "Because my parents would never let me do that, and I swore to never turn out to be like them. Also, I want to make you happy. For once. All this stuff with Cleo must be so stressful for you. Plus, I think we both need some time away from each other..." He laughed, and I let out a little giggle. This was going to be freaking awesome.

          I haven't told him or my dad about what happened that night at the party, but they know that I had a fight with Cleo and we stopped talking. I called Matt, asking if he could come over. He responded, and came immediately. He has been extra sweet to me lately because he knew that Cleo was the only person on the planet that I loved more than him. And he understood that.

          "Hey, Matty... Can you help me pack? I don't really know what to bring. I just have so many things." I asked, pulling him onto my bed, and making him sit down in front of my closet. My suitcase was on the bed next to him.

          "Of course, babe. Have you gotten the essentials down yet?" He got serious but still nice.

          "I already packed underwear, makeup, shampoo and conditioner, hair products, and soap. Oh! And of course, sunscreen. Can't forget that." We laughed as we remembered the time I became really sunburned at the lake. We were at his aunt's cottage and I forgot sunscreen. Unluckily, they didn't have anymore and neither did Matt.

          "So what should I start with? Swimsuits or actual clothes?" I asked, pulling out my whole closet, and setting it on the other side of the bed.

          "Definitely swimsuits. Starting with the easy stuff." I replied, turning around to face me. We spent about three hours packing because I couldn't make up my mind, and we also ended up fooling around a lot.

          When we finally finished, he took me out to La Petite Café, so I can relax and try to forget about Cleo before our vacation.

          "Wow! Nothing changed!" I exclaimed as I sat down.

          "That's what I love about this place. When you feel like everything is going for the worst, you can come here, and it will be just like you left it. Even the people who work here never change. I have seen these faces for years, and the know my go to order by heart. That's why I didn't go to the counter this time." He said as a waitress came with the same thing he got us last time we were here.

          After we finished our food, he drove back to our apartments. He kissed me goodnight, and I went back into my place. I took a shower, got to my bed, and fell asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night from a nightmare. It contained flashbacks from the party, but this time, I didn't faint. I experienced all the pains, realistically. I suddenly felt a knot in my throat and my stomach I ran to my bathroom. I kneeled down on the floor, my face over the toilet. I threw up for the first time in years. I cleaned up and went back to bed. I couldn't sleep from the sudden rush of thoughts. Did he actually rape me while I was unconscious? Was I pregnant with his child? What will I have to do if I am?