Chapter 11

❝Girls get screwed...❞ㄧ Ellen Hopkins

          For the first half-hour, nothing interesting happened. I only felt a little tipsy, but I knew that I should wait before having more drinks. After it started to kick in, more and more boys talked to me. Not gonna lie, it was pretty fun. As time went by, I could feel everything go more and fuzzier. It made everything funnier and look fake. I found myself a little group of friends. We kept doing shots and drinking beer, and everything was going great.

          After about an hour, I went to the pool. It was giant. The water was dirty, but I obviously didn't care. Everybody was splashing everywhere, people diving, falling, throwing up, but most of all, having a good time. I changed into my bikini, and all the boys whistled at me. I dove into the pool, and everyone whooped at me.

          The rest of the night was a total blur, but one part stood out to me. It was about two in the morning, and Cleo was nowhere to be seen. Instead, I saw Isaac. He saw me too, and I wanted to hide. I ran through the giant crowds of people dancing and screaming and found a small bathroom. As soon as I tried to close the door, he yanked in back open and stepped inside. He locked it and I backed into the corner. I was trapped. There were no places to hide anymore. And nobody to save me. What was he going to do to me?

          "I got you now... And there's nobody here who can stop us... No Cleo, and no Matt... " He whispered with an evil grin, staring into my eyes. I started crying and fell onto the floor with my back against the wall.

          "There, there... No need to cry. Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you." He started to creep up closer and closer. To the point where he was practically in my face.

          "I know you can't resist me, Elena. I know you crave me so bad. I know you hate Cleo for having me first. You are such a slutty little bitch." He whispered right into my ear. I was shaking from terror. I couldn't move. He violently pulled me onto the floor.

          "I know you want me... Tell me you want me, Elena. TELL ME!" He screamed, his face getting more and more menacing. I couldn't object. I couldn't scream for help. I just laid there. On the dirty floor. Frozen in time.

          "Wow! You can't even admit that you are a whore. You are gonna get punished badly for this Elena." I could feel one of his hand go up my leg, then slide up my thighs. His other hand was pinning my wrists together so I couldn't run away. He pulled off my skirt and ripped my underwear. He then unbuckled his pants and took them off. I started screaming as loud as I could for someone to help me. He slapped me.

          "Nobody can hear you, Elena. Everyone is outside having fun. You are a worthless piece of shit. Nobody cares about you." He slapped me. He started to kiss down my neck, and I screamed even louder. Still. nobody came to help. I started to lose conscience, and suddenly, everything went black.

          I woke up in the bathroom, completely naked. I had the worst headache, but that wasn't the only pain I was feeling. My wrists were burning, and my left cheek was burning. I started to remember what just happened. I must have fainted from absolute terror and from the excruciating agony. I used as much force as I could to stand up, and I looked at myself in the mirror. I had mascara lines going down my cheeks from all the crying, and a giant red mark on my face where he hit me. I looked down at my wrists. They had red lines on them, and my palms had nail marks from digging into my skin from the pain. I found most of my clothes, wrapped a towel around myself and stepped out of the bathroom. I hurried out, making sure nobody saw me. I called Matt to come pick me up. Of course, I lied, saying that I've had enough fun, and I was tired. I walked out of the house, sitting on the steps waiting for him to come. When he finally arrived, I sat down and tried to cover up any signs of what happened to me. I don't want Matt to ever know that. The only person on this planet that I will tell is Cleo. She has to know about this. She has to break up with him.

          Matt was silent the whole way home. He was obviously tired, so I expected him to be anyway. He walked with my to my bathroom, said goodnight, smiled, and left. My dad wasn't home. He probably stayed at work again. I took a shower, wiped off my makeup, and went to bed.

          I woke up with a horrible hangover. Matt was already in my apartment. I got to my bathroom, and my palms and wrists were bleeding. I disinfected them and put as much concealer as I could to cover them up. I also concealed my slap mark, so that it wasn't visible. There was also a trail of hickeys down my stomach and thighs. They weren't a problem to cover up. I walked out, and Matt handed me a little cocktail of vegetables and an Advil that was supposed to get rid of the hangover. He hugged me and kissed me good morning. He made be breakfast, but I couldn't eat. I just lied and said that it was my headache that took away my appetite. It was so hard for me to keep it a secret. I told Matt everything. This was the first secret and the first lies that I've ever told him. I wasn't lying because I thought that he would get extremely mad at me. I lied because I wanted to burden him or make him feel guilty. I didn't want him to get involved in something that wasn't related to him. He had to leave because he needed to go work out, and I was alone.

          I tried to figure out a way to tell Cleo what happened. I decided to call her up and see if she could come over. She agreed.

          She came after lunch, and I got straight onto the topic.

          "Cleo, I think you should sit down for this." I mumbled, bringing her to my couch.

          "What is is Lena? What happened?" I said, with a concerned expression.

          "Something happened yesterday. At the party. It involved Isaac." I said, looking up at her. Her face turned red and angry.

          "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY ISAAC. WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM!?!" She stood up and yelled. I stood up too.

          "I didn't do anything to him. He did something to me." I tried to calm her down, but she got extremely furious.

          "OH, SO WHAT DID HE DO THEN?!" She said in a sarcastic tone.

          "He... We were at the party, and while you weren't there, he trapped in the bathroom, and I think raped me. I mean, I passed out before he actually did anything... " I started crying. So did Cleo.

          "No. No. He couldn't. He wouldn't. I don't... I don't believe you. He wouldn't do that.." She kept saying the same words over and over. She looked like she was going mad.

          "No. YOU LIAR! HE WOULD NEVER DO THAT! NEVER! YOU UNDERSTAND ME?! NEVER!!!" She slapped me on the same spot he did just yesterday, took her things, and stormed out. I fell back onto the couch and sobbing into a rough, decorative pillow.

          How could this happen to me? Did Cleo really just take his side, and not mine, the girl's that's been my best friend with since we were four?