Slow motion

As the days passed by, the tension was growing bigger and bigger.. Masters, employees, guards or slaves... everyone was already counting days as if expecting an attack sooner or later.

They have received the weapons Crawford was able to get from his contacts, but also, they have received the needed material to improve all the carriages and even to build a few others.

There was no way so many people would go unnnoticed, leaving the property and making all the way to Luanda's harbor, even through the most hidden paths. They were making sure everyone, including the slaves, were ready for possible attacks. They have invested in more and more medicinal herbs and treatments. The master was, everyday, thinking of all possible details so everything could go according to planned. He thanked God he had Crawford's help, he was a great friend and a very good business associate. It was something to be thought, in the future. To extend their partnerships and business together.

"William..."

Ellison turned, as he put on his jacket. His wife was at the door of the guest room, where he had been sleeping, every since all the events with the slaves. He was not able to forget about it, and he would not, so soon.

As to Christine, she thought it would be a wise decision to finally put her arms down and ask for her husband forgiveness.

After all and above everything, she needed him.

"Is there something you need?"

"Yes..." she approached "Your forgiveness, my love"

Ellison rolled his eyes "Do not try to seduce me with caring words, Christine. You crossed all the limits and you humilliated me and my family"

"I am still part of the family, William. I apologise... I will never, ever step in your business or anything slave related"

Her husband stared at her "I am thinking five more days will be enough for everything to be ready. We might leave on the sixth day"

Christine smiled at her husband, leaning to massage his shoulders "And when we return to America... everything will be so much better"

The master closed his eyes, knowing her seducing tricks always worked on him. So, instantly, he moved "Gather your things, then. I am going to watch the trainings and make sure everything starts to get in order for the departure."

Christine smiled as he left the room "Oh honey... you will be in my hands once again"

Mary comfortably lied down, next to Diana, on her bedroom. The young Crawford was playing with her friend's hair, knowing the last few days had been tough on her friend.

"Now I truly feel like you, Diana" she ended up whispering "I want to leave this hell, urgently"

Diana sadly smiled "You will, we all will..."

"What did you feel when you watched the slaves like that?" Mary asked, for the milionth time, in the past days, making her friend, once again, hesitate.

"I cannot believe you would feel indiferent, Diana"

The young Crawford raised her eyebrow "No, Mary... not indiferent. Not at all"

"Dear God..."