Still a slave

*two weeks later*

"GOD DAMN IT!" The master threw some glasses to the floor, making a huge noise throughout the mansion.

Everyone cringed whenever William Ellison was enraged like that. And he had been, for the past few days.

"Calm down, William" Everyone heard John Crawford trying to soothe the situation. His wife stood next to him, just like Andrew Ellison, while Mingo, Mimbah and Joan observed the situation, from the farthest corner. No other slave dared to go closer.

Mary Ellison was still missing. All efforts from her father had been in vain.

"I will just get all my men and blow Bolivar's gates." The master yelled "I will kill every single one that stands in my way until I get my daughter back!"

"William, god damnit!" John Crawford aggressively grabbed his friends' arms so he could stop him "You will not do anything you will later regret! Do you not see? This is exactly what Bolivar wants. To get you unstable!" he slapped his face so Ellison could stare at him "I am sure he is keeping her well-fed, at least. He would not hurt her, I am sure he would not"

Ellison's fists tightened "What do you suggest then, John? Uh?!" he snapped "In case you have not noticed, I tried everything! Mingo even went inside and was able to do nothing!"

It was, indeed, true. They had all agreed Mingo would sneak inside one of Bolivar's properties. Once again, they did not succeed.

"We need to remain calm and think, William." Crawford spoke "Come on, my friend. We will figure something out. I am sure the ship will be here anytime and I cannot afford leaving here while you are this unstable"

"John is right, William" Theresa spoke "This way you will not solve anything"

"Will you allow me, master?"

"Joan!" Mimbah snapped once she noticed the older slave making her way towards the master

"I guess you were listening to everything I said" Ellison sighed

Joan sadly smiled "You were being loud, Sir."

"Right" Ellison said, upset.

"I just... remembered something that I am not sure it could be useful. But, maybe if you talk to Jefferson you will get some more information?"

Both men immediately turned to Joan, interested "That is actually a brilliant idea" John Crawford spoke

"But Jefferson is arrested and angry. Plus he probably does not know much about Mary or Bolivar's intentions. He might know something on Christine though" Theresa spoke

"Well, I could not care less about Christine..." Ellison spoke

"Either way" Crawford said "It might be our best chance, right now"

Joan smiled at her master, feeling the need to help him as much as she could. She always knew he was a decent and kind man. But with all these past revelations and unexpected events, she was surprised at his reaction and how regretful and responsible he felt towards something that was not really his fault. It surprised her how much he wanted to know about Cudjo and how much he actually mourned for him.

Not so far from there, still in the ocean, Cudjo followed an upset Diana to her bedroom.

"I do not understand, young mistress... why are you so upset? Did I do something wrong? Was it with the cutlery?" he asked, in hesitation.

Diana sighed, staring back at him as he closed the door behind him. Her eyes checked every inch of his body, in a brand new suit she had gotten for him.