Chapter 12

The Weeknd - or nah

**

I sat back and backed a shot of vodka and just thought about Kaine, this was hard but I needed space, I missed him, I missed Andre’s friendship and I missed my best friend Rianne, we text but being able to walk to her house was 10x better.

The music was pumping in the living room, the party had started an hour ago but I was on the phone to my mum so I just got ready, I looked at my self into Damian’s old looking mirror I had on the black body con dress with the lace front and left my hair down straight and some make up that Michelle done for me a few hours back, I was so nervous I don’t know why but I just haven’t partied in a good while like since last summer. 

The door swung open and there was a tipsy Malcolm grinning at me, “You coming to party or nah” He just about slurred and started to laugh.

I laughed at him and walked past him while he composed him self.

The living room was packed, the sofa was removed a long with the TV so all there was the kitchen/bar and dance floor and the DJ kit that had all of Malcolm’s kit; I scanned through the heaps of girls and saw Michelle dancing with a boy, she had on a red jumpsuit and white converses and her hair was out straight and long, she looked gorgeous.

Natalie was even smiling and dancing but by herself, her and Michelle talked things out this morning but she still was pretty upset, she had on a tight white dress and red heels and her hair was just in braids,

“You gunna have some fun innocent girl” I heard a voice hiss behind, I slightly jumped but relaxed when I saw Damian’s face.

He looked flawless, he was wearing a black tee, jeans but all white air max 90s hyperfuse his hair was still freshly corn rowed from yesterday he just looked so neat and tidy.

I got out of my daze to realise he was still looking at me awaiting my response, “Oh.” I mouthed, “I don’t know I might dance later” I shrugged.

Damian rolled his eyes but held his glance somewhere, I looked to see it was a girl she had on some skate dress very low cut exposing a lot of cleavage and Damian seemed to like what he saw so without warning or so much of a goodbye he walked past me to go and greet her.

Rude.

Wait I shouldn’t even care?

I saw a boy eyeing me from a across the party and I don’t know if it was the vodka or the bitterness I felt about Damian but it made me strut right other to him.

“Destiny?” he asked and I rose my eyebrows at him knowing my name then I focused, it was Raymond, him and Kaine haven’t been on speaking terms for around 2 months I never asked why but since then I’ve never seen him back in my area at home.

“Ray” I smiled and he smiled back.

He was looking mighty fine too, Raymond was Nigerian and had this smooth dark skin, I simple low cut and a hot diamond tooth on the side of his mouth, he had on a white tee exposing his detailed sleeve tattoos and black jeans with some black timbs.

“Where have you been?” I asked.

He shrugged, “Here, there, everywhere had a bit of a tough time at home and just cut off the mandem and all that crime life, how’s Kaine though?” 

“We don’t talk anymore.”

He licked his lips slyly, “It’s like that yeah so…” 

I narrowed my eyes at him “So?”  

He stepped a little closer to me, “Can I get a dance?”

Any other day this would have been a singing no, but why not? Kaine don’t want me, Andre and I are done; no point being bored sitting down.

I walked to the dance floor and “pull up to mi bumpah” came on, I looked back at Raymond who’s hands were calmly on my waist, he had cheeky smirk and I smiled and swayed my hips to the rhythm of the song.

At a certain point we was pretty much grinding on each other, I glanced other seeing Damian looking at me, not even a flicker of jealous, he winked at me and walked off to get a drink.

I felt kind of disappointed he didn’t seem moved from it, I didn’t want to be this innocent girl anymore, as the song died out I turned back at Raymond and he was smiling at me pulling me into the hallway and he had me against the wall and crashed his lips onto mine.

It was horrible and slimy, this boy couldn’t kiss for the life of him and all I could taste was the alcohol when he pulled away he saw the disappointment in my eyes and burst out laughing and so did I.

“This don’t feel right init?” He asked cool.

I bit my lip and nodded.

“It’s fine baby girl, I felt it too; Friends?” He suggest extending out his hand awkwardly.

I rolled my eyes and just hugged him, he could tell I need this hug because I never let go for a good while, I haven’t felt another boy’s arm around me like this I needed a friend, a companion to get my mind off this.

**

I crashed onto my bed after the party, Damian’s bed was so comfy I could understand why he was mad about sitting on the leather sofa; after me and Raymond’s awkward moment we just chilled and he showed me how to smoke weed, I’m not even going to lie I felt rather buzzing.

I heard the door crack open and tried to ignore it thinking it was Rianne, when I looked up it was Damian in nothing but boxers, his body was flawless just like I guessed, he had a bible scripture across his chest for a tattoo and the name “Evelyn” underneath it, he looked noticing me looking at me and cracked a smile.

“Thought you was asleep, sorry just needed my durag” He said calmly.

I sat up on his bed, “It’s fine honestly.”

“Guess the innocent girl had fun tonight.”

“What do you mean.”

He gave me a look, “I saw you with that guy, man like”

“Jealous” I teased.

Damian rolled his eyes and examined me head to toe, “If I wanted it I’d get it Destoni” He growled and came really close, his body was now pressed up against me and I breathed down so heavily.

I stared at him and he stared at me no words were exchanged but I knew exactly what was being said in our heads, he seemed to like to watch me squirm in his company.

He climbed back up and  walked away, closing the door behind him, I tried to ignore this and got to sleep but it was now corrupting my dreams.

***

V O T E   C O M M E N T    S H A R E

DID YOU LIKE IT? :)