ONE - WHERE IT ALL STARTED. (CONT.)

Stephen Garrett
August 20th, 2002

BRIDGWATER APARTMENTS, NEW YORK CITY.

"Static hurry up! I swear you the only boy I know that takes longer to get ready than a girl

"Static hurry up! I swear you the only boy I know that takes longer to get ready than a girl."

"Cause all them niggas you fuck with is clearly ugly that's why. It takes time to be a fly as me."

"Okay mr fly guy. Classes started 20 minutes ago by the way. I'm sure mama would love to hear how you were an hour late for the first day of college because you was tryna' moisturize them dry ass braids."

"Dana shut the fuck up already! Damn." She was always in my ear complaining about bullshit. I left Louisville to get away from my mama, not to be still stuck with her. Now I'm halfway across the country and I done moved in with her mini me. Dana is my best friend and I love her to death but she could be annoying as hell at times.

"Okay, okay. Just let me get my lip gloss from out of here and I'll be out of your way." She walked into the bathroom and up to the sink where I stood, slightly bumping me out of the way as she began rummaging through her makeup bag.

"Dana-" I paused, looking down at her outfit as I furrowed my eyebrows, "Where the fuck is the rest of your outfit?!"

She looked out the corner of her eyes and tilted her head to the side a little, "Uhhh, right here? You don't like?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows as she smiled and did a little spin.

"Uh NO. You look like a-" she turned to face me a glared at me. I sighed, "Just...take it off please."

"Why not?" she spat venomously, standing in front of me with her hand on her hip. "You're not my daddy Stephen. I don't take orders from you."

"Oh really?" I asked rhetorically, moving closer towards her, closing the gap that was between us. "Cause that's not what you said last night, baby girl." I whispered in her ear as I smirked.

She scoffed and pushed me away, "Stop playing Stephen move."

I placed both of my hands on her butt and pulled her against me, making her squeal in surprise. I leaned in closer towards her face, "But you don't really want me to do that, D..." I whispered, trailing off as I glanced back and forth at her lips. Her breathing grew heavy as she closely studied me. "Do you?" I asked, inches away from her lips. Without hesitation, she crashed her lips into mine as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I picked her up, our lips still in sync with one another, taking my freehand and knocking everything off of the sink before sitting her on top of it.