FOUR - THE DATE.

Dana Haughton
August 21st, 2002

BRIDGEWATER APARTMENTS, NEW YORK CITY.

I stayed in my room until I knew for sure that Donald was gone

I stayed in my room until I knew for sure that Donald was gone. Whatever they were doing that I walked into earlier had me caught off guard, and I was questioning some things as well. Although I was curious, I didn't wanna ask Stephen. Plus I knew he wouldn't give me a straight answer anyways. But I'd love to see him admit some shit like that for once, since he's so private about that stuff when it comes to me. And Donald just don't seem like the type of nigga to openly admit he was fucking with another nigga to nobody. From what I heard, it took him two years to even openly claim Stephen. Not that I care, I just rather not be dealing with someone who's closeted. If you gay, just let me know from the jump. Which was my problem with Stephen, always trying to hide himself like I didn't know about his bisexuality.

I sighed, closing the book I was reading and getting off of my bed. I walked over to my closet and opened it, taking damn near everything I owned out and throwing it onto my bed. I flapped my lips as I stared at my clothes-covered bed with my hands on my hips. I know it was early, but I take forever getting ready and if I don't find what I'm wearing now I'll be a mess later. It's not like I was trying to impress Donald, were just friends and this is not a date. We're just two people hanging out. But he did say to dress nice, and I don't wanna look like a bum so I was going to do just that. I need to make sure I look soul snatching. There was a part of me deep down inside that wanted more than a friendship, honestly I just wanted to ride that dick to the moon and back. For the sake of my confusing ass friendship with Stephen, I won't try anything...unless he starts it. Honestly we could all have fun. Together.

After going through my whole entire closet, I somehow ended up on the floor in the middle of a heap of clothes and shoes as I groaned and threw a mini temper tantrum. A whole hour had passed as I still hadn't found anything to wear. Everything I owned was either too short, too tight, or too hot to wear in this New York summer weather. At this point, I was over it. I was getting ready to go back to sleep when I heard footsteps, followed by soft knocks at my door.

"Dana," Stephen called in his heavy country accent as he knocked on the door.

"Come in Stephen." I replied unenthusiastically as I sat on the edge of my bed.

"Dana I'm go-" He paused, frowning once he noticed my glum facial expression, "D, what's wrong?"

"I literally have nothing to wear for tonight. He told me to wear something nice so I'm assuming we going somewhere fancy and expensive and shit. But I don't really have anything, all my clothes are too-"