Chapter 6∞

Chapter 6∞

Mia∞

Monday Morning.

It's Monday morning and I still can't keep my mind off of Mr. Luke. I don't want to keep thinking about him but it's hard not to. Jasmine is taking the African diaspora class for an elective so we're gonna head to class together. I have other classes too but this is the class I'm most excited for and not because Mr. Wolf is teaching it.

Kenzi left earlier because she had a class at eight whereas this class starts at ten. Class starts in an hour so I hopped in the shower, lotion up a little, then got dressed. For the first day of class I just kept it casual with a t-shirt and jeans then threw a flannel over it just in case it's gonna be a little chilly.

After a couple of minutes of browsing on my phone I heard a knock on the door.

That must be Jasmine. I grabbed my backpack and went to go leave out the door.

"Hey girl." Jasmine greeted me with a smile as we started walking.

She handed me a drink in which I stared at in confusion.

"What is this?" I questioned her looking at the funny looking symbol on the side of the cup.

"It's starbucks." She stated making me raise my eyebrows in confusion.

"What is that?" I asked her.

Her mouth popped open in shock.

"You don't know what starbucks is?" She stopped walking and stood in front of me.

I shook my head no.

"Never heard of it." I replied back to her.

"You must live under a rock..." She said making me roll my eyes.

"I guess, I do." I answered back to her.

She laughed.

"Try it." She replied back to me.

"I got you midnight mint mocha." She added in.

I nodded before taking a sip. She stared at me as she waited for my response. It's actually not bad at all. I'm not a huge fan of mint products but this is good.

"It's good." I told her making her smile.

"Good, now we can go to class before we're late." She said as we continued to walk.

"Do you even know where the class is?" I asked her because I surely have no clue where the class is.

Maybe I should've tour the school with my mom which reminds me I probably should call her. She's probably worried sick, I know how she is. She was really nervous to send me off to college alone but Kenzi being here with me made her feel better about it. My mom adores Kenzi.

"Nope." Jasmine replied back.

Looks like we're gonna be late to our first day of class.

***

"You go in there first." Jasmine said nudging me towards the classroom door.

I gave her a look.

"No, you first." I told her.

Jasmine nudged me again.

We're ten minutes late to class and from the looks of it everyone's already seated in class.

I sighed before opening the door and walking in with Jasmine behind me.

Everyone's eyes turned towards us once we entered the room making me want to run back out the room but I stood tall.