Roomate

"How's Niall?" my mom questions as she goes through the photos on the camera smiling the whole time.

"They're down in Brazil right now trying to get some rest before their concert in São Paulo." i shrug my shoulders and sigh as I tuck my phone back into my pocket.

"He would be here if he could've you know." Alison says staring at me with worry filled eyes. I give her a small smile but it doesn't reach my eyes.

"I know." I reply slowly. Alison pouts and takes my hands.

"He loves you." I start to laugh a little.

"Is he telling you to tell me that or are you listening into our conversations?" Alison rolls her eyes.

"Whatever. I just know its true idiot." She says messing up my hair before pulling me in for a hug.

"Yeah and I know its true. He tells me all the time." Alison lets out a cry.

"Awwww!" Victoria and her laugh while Jackson sort of stands there awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. I really hope my parents aren't listening and it appears they aren't. They're talking quietly, smiling and going through pictures on the camera still. It looks like my mom is about to burst into tears.

"You ok mom?" I ask moving away from Alison and arching an eyebrow at the expression over her face. She's blinking back tears now and her fingertips are pressed against her lips to stop herself from having an outburst. "Mom." I say again when she doesn't look at me.

"Look." She says softly handing over the camera to me. My dad encourages me to take it with a smile. On the screen is a photo of me when I was younger. Maybe five or six. I'm playing in the grass and smiling up at them like crazy. I click through the next couple of photos and find some. With Alison and I in kindergarten then Victoria, Alison and I in my back yard. There's a picture with Victoria and Jackson, Alison and Jackson. Victoria and me again. I hadn't realized how old this camera was. Alison, Victoria and Jackson crowd around my shoulders and laugh recalling the memories of all the good times we've had when we were younger.

"Oh hey! Look at that!" Alison crystal out making me pause on a certain picture of all four of us. "That's the last time everything was normal." She says pointing at the screen.

"What do you mean?" I question. The picture is the four of us when Victoria and Jackson were maybe ten and Alison and I were probably eight.

"Before Victoria became famous." Alison continues taking the camera form me.

"How do you know this was before that?" Jackson asks glancing at the picture skeptically.

"Do you guys not remember? A lot of important things happened this day." Alison says tapping the screen before zooming in on the picture magnifying our chubby faces. "Jackson had gotten his black belt in martial arts or something like that. You finally got over your fear of jumping into pools." I blushed when she said this. I was always afraid of drowning. I wasn't afraid of the water just what might happen if I got into it. "Victoria got a call back and it all happened on my birthday." Alison points to the party hat on her head and it all comes back to me. I remembered all of these events but separately like I had forgotten they had all come to pass in a single day.

"Oh wow. The last normal day." Victoria says slowly staring at our smiling faces.

"We're still normal." Jackson protests.

"I'm an international singing sensation and have been on multiple TV Shows and movies." Victoria starts slipping on her sunglasses with an air of importance. "She's dating an international singing sensation who happens to be a part of the biggest boy band and one of the most sought after men I our time right now." Victoria says pointing at me. "And Alison is someday going to be a big selling important designer for the most important people in the world. The woman are taking over Jackson you're the only one here shooting normalcy." Victoria teases with a brilliant smile. Jackson rolls his eyes and Victoria laughs. "I'm kidding I love you, but I think I have to go now." She says sadly removing her sunglasses.