Chapter 4: Weird Appearances

A Nerd Romance 2
Chapter 4: Weird Appearances

*Vanessa Kodak's POV:*

"Jarvis?! What's going on? Why do you look so sick and boney?", I asked this skinny, homeless boy in front of me.

"Because.... Uh-", he hesitated.

"It's ok Jarvis. You can tell me! What's wrong with you?"

"My parents kinda kicked me out. They said I was worthless and a horrible son cause I got Crissy pregnant. They said she should just get an abortion and then I should kill myself. I've been eating scraps and living at a homeless shelter."

"That's horrible Jarvis. I feel so bad. Maybe you could come stay with me?", I pleaded, tears prickling my eyes, my hormones going crazy.

"It's ok. No need to do that. Your husband doesn't want me there. Crissy is probably mad at me. And I think her brother wants to to kill me."

"It's ok. Maybe you could stay out in the spare house during the day and then at night, I could sneak you in to sleep and eat dinner. And I could sneak out breakfast and lunch for you. No kid should have to go through this."

"Really?"

"Yea. Come on. Pick some food out and I'll drive you.", I smiled.

"Thanks so much. I can't believe your ok with this.", he attempted to smiled.

I could see the happiness growing in his facial features as excitement took over. I could clearly tell that through all the sorrow and hurt and pain he held inside, he was still in love with Crissy and he wouldn't even let his parents change that. That even though they kicked him out, he will still be there for her when everything goes downhill.

*Jarvis Anderson's POV:*

I heard a knock on the door and I opened it to see Vanessa standing there, smiling wide.

"I have dinner sitting out on the table inside and the spare room is set.", she chirped.

"Thanks so much. This means a lot."

I followed her inside from the extra house outside. The extra house was small but comfy and cozy. It had a bed and a tv, a small fridge and a computer. A couch and a bathroom. A mini house.

"What's for dinner?"

"Steak, red skinned potatoes and green beans."

"Wow... Sounds delicious."

"Thanks. I'll be upstairs. Hope everything's ok. And there's soda. Keep the tv low. Good night!"

She kissed my cheek and walk off. I dug into the food because I haven't really eating good in like two weeks. The food was great and I cleaned my dishes and changed out of my clothes to sleep.

*Chris Kodak's POV:*

"I'm just getting another blanket. It's cold.", I said to a panicky Vanessa.

I walked up the spare bedroom door. It was like two in the morning and it was cold in our bedroom.

"Don't go in there!"

"Why not?"

"Because.... Uh-It's a mess in there!"

"Vanessa..... Baby. I've probably seen worse."

I opened the door and there was clothes in a pile on the floor, the tv was on the news, and the sheets were spread out over a boy breathing heavy.

"Who the hell is this?!!", I yelled, turning to see Vanessa's face turning pale.

"Please keep your.... Uh-"

"DONT TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!!! WHO THE HELL IS THIS?!!! ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME VANESSA?!!! IS THAT IT?!!!", I yelled, cutting her off.

"No. It's uh... Jarvis! His parents kicked him out and he needed a place to sleep. He was homeless baby. I couldn't stand to see him like that. Please don't be mad!"

She was crying and pleading for me to calm down. But I couldn't regret the decision I made.

*To be continued....*