Chapter 20

Francis P.O.V

"You do remember me right?" His eyes search my face, amused that we literally bumped into each other.

Do i remember him? He was my first real boyfriend. We dated in fifth grade. He moved from Wolverhampton, England to Miami, two years before i went out with him.

He was the trouble maker in all his classes, always kissing the girls without permission or putting food in the boys' seats during lunch.

But he tormented me the most.

He made me cry on a constant basis, and always tried to weave himself into my life.

One time i had to pee really badly, but he clogged all the girls' toilets on every floor with toilet paper.I ended up peeing on myself at recess, and of course he had to share the news with the whole third grade.

I hated him, and I knew he hated me. He said it and acted out messages of hate during those two hellish years.

That is when he completely changed.

*Flashback

The day I confessed to my crush, who was also the trouble maker's friend, he humiliated me in front of him and their friends. They left me crying in the hallway for a good thirty minutes, until I finally ran to the bathroom.

I burst through the door, and ran to a stall, weeping. I stayed in there even when the bell rang, saying that we had to get back to class.

After i stopped crying, i was about to get out of the stall, since I did not want a teacher searching for me. I then heard someone come in.

I looked through the small crack in the stall door to see a boy.

What was he doing in the girls' bathroom?

He started yelling and screaming. He bundled up a bunch of paper towels from the dispenser and threw them everywhere.

"Why does she like him!? He's ugly and stupid!" He screamed out, banging his fist against the counter.

He was crying, I could hear it from the stall.

But what was he crying about?

He had his head down, and wiped at his eyes to stop the crying.

I shouldn't be watching this.

I stepped back from in front of the stall door, just to not look like I was snooping on him, but my shoe squeaks. I see him flick his head around. His eyes are red and clouded, but i know who it is.

"Who's in here? If you don't get out now I will beat you up!"

I stayed quiet.

I heard his footsteps come closer and I thought he would bang on the door, but I then saw a hand reach in from under the stall. I screamed.

"A girl? What are you doing in the boys' bathroom, perv!" He crawled under the door. I backed away into the corner of the stall, hiding my face from this embarrassment of him seeing me in the boys' bathroom.

"Hey what are you doing? You were spying on me weren't you!" he screamed in my face. I can feel the anger radiate from him.

I don't answer him, I cry.

Next thing I knew, a hand lightly touched my forearm and removed my arm from hiding my face. I kept my head buried in the skirt of my dress and behind my folded legs.

"Francis?"

"What! What do you want!" I yell to him, sniffling a little.

"It's me, Liam."