18. The First Kiss

This chapter is dedicated to PoojaGupta911, for her support.

Violeta's POV

I knew Mr. Walker's rudeness was getting in to the nerves of Xander. The worst part was when he even started telling about our secret, I held his hand under the table to stop him from doing anything irrational. Mr. Walker answered in mono syllables. I kept quite, while they were talking about business. He was extremely pleased to know that Lavendar i.e. I had agreed to leave my profession. Only God knows why?

Then later, he started bragging about his Garden, yup, absolute bragging. So we went in there to have our desert. Though not as great as Xander's, his garden was still nice. If Xander's garden gave importance to plants and flowers, this garden was all about classiness and statues. Xander's was much bigger and he even had a wild forest, which glorified plants in their natural form. Whereas here, they were trimmed to perfection and only God could estimate, the cost of these statues. But I would be lying if I say it wasn't magnificent, just that I preferred Xander's much better.

We walked a little distance and then there were some stairs, we went through that to a small dinning table

We walked a little distance and then there were some stairs, we went through that to a small dinning table. We all made ourselves comfortable. And my mind started wondering why on earth will Mr. Walker be so rude to his own son? There in the garden, a little distance from dinning table, I spotted something that made my eyes jump out of their socket. It was Xander's statue. And it was magnificent, but he looked so old. So I asked him, "Xander your statue is marvellous, but why is that you are made to look so old in it?"

 So I asked him, "Xander your statue is marvellous, but why is that you are made to look so old in it?"

His eyebrows met. And he slowly turned around and after staring at the statue, he laughed. God!! What is so funny about this. I glanced at Mr. Walker and a sly smile was playing on his lips. And it wasn't sarcastic. Anyway, his laughter died down after a minute. And then his  eyes were full of some strange emotion I couldn't comprehend.

"That's not me love, that's grandpa" he said his voice heavy. But Mr.Walker looked cool as ice. I guess....he was no more. I kept my hand in his and gave him a reassuring smile. He smiled back, but it felt like it would have been better if I wouldn't have seen that statue only. It pained me to see him in sorrow. And for some strange reason, I felt like Mr.Walker was also sad and even that troubled me. They are my family. I should do something about this.

And I did the only thing that came to my mind. I quickly placed a kiss in Xander's cheek. He looked at me surprised and a genuine smile washing his face. God!! I kissed a man. Even Mr.Walker was now grinning teasingly. Mission accomplished!! But now I feel so shy. Good Lord!! Help me.

And then my prayers were answered. And arrived the most fanciest desert. I was left gasping for air. It looked like a golden lotus. The desert at Xander's place i.e. fruits, if I thought were too much, this I didn't know what it was. It also came with a red looking juice. It really had a pleasant look, so I praised the chef. He just said, "Mam, its imported." What?? Dessert?? Imported?? Nonsense it is. But it looked great.

After the chef left, Mr

After the chef left, Mr.Bragger oops Mr.Walker started his most favourite activity ever Bragging. "This is my favorite dessert. It costs almost 1270 dollars per piece." I gasped. "You didn't have to Mr.Walker, its very expensive." He made a face and retorted, "Nah, it isn't. And now you are going to be a Walker get used to such things. I am sure your father orders such things for special occasions but over here, these are a daily thing." God!! Help me!! Xander had no expression on his face. But he went on, "This is the world's most expensive donut. This has 24 carat gold leaf with white chocolate lotus flower with 23 carat gold dust and edible diamonds in it. Try it." He insisted and went on, "You know this raspberry and passionfruit cocktail is made with 500 year old Courvoisier." He and Xander started eating it.

But after all the info, my intention to eat it vanished. Dad and mom wouldn't even ever know such things exist. But I was brought out of my thoughts when I saw a spoon with some donut in it. When I looked up, Xander was gazing at me lovingly as if he read my thoughts. I parted my lips and allowed the spoon to enter my mouth. It tasted like nothing I knew. It was yum!! But there was certain heaviness in my heart. After desert, they both started talking about some deal. Ofcourse, they need to earn huge money, if they kept on eating such deserts. I didn't bother to pay attention.

But then Xander received a call and he was gone for a good 20 minutes. It was at that time that I decided to speak to Mr.Walker about marriage. As soon as he was gone, I said,

"Mr.Walker, I can't marry now. I need sometime. I have no problem, in getting engaged but marriage, I need atleast 3 months." I said trying to read his face but it was expressionless.

Suddenly he turned to look at Xander who was standing far away. He looked really upset as if he were shouting some orders in phone. Poor him has to work on Saturday also. I gazed at him. Perfect, only word to describe him. But before I could drool further, Mr.Walker spoke,

"I see, you really love him." My cheeks were set on fire.

"Lavender, even I don't wish to push you. Okay marry after 3 months but no more. I don't have much time left" he sighed.

"Meaning?" That took me aback.

"I have Neme" he said wiping away his tears.

Mr.Walker crying?? The same rude and cold, shrewd business man, Bragger of the year crying?? That sight melted my heart. But what the hell is Neme?

"Neme?" I questioned.

A.N:-
Hello wonderful people!! Almost 1000 reads and 100 votes. Thank you so much guys. And millions of tons of sorry. Actually I have very limited access to this device and that little time I sometimes spend in interacting with wonderful people like you!! So still, that's no excuse so Sorry. And please please vote and comment. Thank you!!