Chapter 5

FIRE!!!!!- Chapter 5

Xavier woke up the next day knowing how to eat the fish. He had to make a fire. But he didn't know how. He's seen how to do it on tv, and it looked Really easy, but now when he has to do it, he doesn't know how. He looked around, and found some strange looking rocks, he figured they must be flint stones. He made a Huge pile of sticks, grass and leaves, and started to bang the flint stones together above the pile. Sparks came out, but didn't really make a fire. He kept hitting them together, and worked out it needs some air, like on tv. So now, when he bangs the flint stones together, he blew at the sparks, he started to make some better progress, the fire just didn't seem to stay. So he tries and tried and tried, every time more fire came, so he kept going. After an hour, he eventually got a fire.

He picked off some branches off a tree, that looked like a sling shot. He got two of the best ones, and stuck them in the ground either side of the fire. Then he got a normal straight stick, and put it in the bottom of the v-shape part of the sling shot stick. Oh, and he also sharpened both sides of the normal stick. He picked up a fish, and stuck the normal stick through it. He placed the stick on the sling shot stick, and kept turning it orotund, so the fish would cook. It was a long process, but it still worked.

After 24 minutes of cooking the fish, it was done. He picked up the stick with the fish on it, and ate it like a kebab. He thought it wasn't the best food ever, but it wasn't that bad. After he finished the fish, he started to make a wood pile. Searching the forest for wood, off the ground and on the trees. He made the pile right next to his hut, which was about 5 meters away from the fire, which was right infront of his hut. Every 35 minutes he had to feed the fire. The smoke was Really bad, but he didn't care, as long as he could cook food.

5 hours later.

----------------

He went to bed and went to sleep. He knew how to light a fire, so he didn't have to redo it. He woke up in the middle of the night, and all he saw was red. He was wondering what it was, he had absolutely no idea what it was. He sat up, he still only saw red. Then he worked out what it was, fire. He started to scream. " HHHHHEEEELLLPPPPPPP" them he stopped yelling, he just remembered he had a waterfall right next to him. He started cupping his hand in the water, and throwing the water at the fire. Then he got into the water, putting his hands in the water and pulling his hands up, the water splashed everywhere, he did that that over and over again. The water absolutely splashed everything, there's water everywhere.

2 hours later.

----------------

The fire finally went out, Xavier's arms were SO tired. He looked around at his wrecked home. Half of his hut was burned to pieces. His food stash was gone, his bed what completely ashes, and everything was ruined. He decided to rebuild his home.