Chapter 6

Home Sweet Home- Chapter 6

He took out all the bamboo sticks and replaced them with new ones and put a new roof on too. When he was finished that, he started to weave some long leaves into a basket to put the fish in, and also started to make a little bag for the berries. He started to lay leaves for a floor in the hut. He started to wove some leaves together to make a comfortable pillow, then stuffed dead grass in the middle of it.

He looked around, and found a fallen tree, it was chopped up and there were planks there, " score!!" Said Xavier. He picked up a plank and took it to his hut. He put it down where he wanted his bed to be, and got another one, tied them both together with a vine. The he got some bamboo, cut them into a littler size, and stuck them in the ground against the 2 planks. He wove a thin blanket with long leaves and made it be the same size of the blanks. He found heaps and heaps of grass, dead grass, leaves, and put them on top of the woven leaves, so it was about 3 cms thick. Then he wove another thin leaf blanket, and tied it together with a vine or two. Xavier sat on his new mattress looking thing, and it felt quite comfy to him. Then he made a pile of dead grass and leaves, and put it in his bed. Now he has a blanket, mattress, nearly proper bed and a pillow, he was really happy.

He went out of his new and improved home, and looked around for cool stuff. He found a lot of nails, and rope, a hammer, he knew exactly what he was gonna do with them. He went home, made 5 bows,20 arrows, he hammered 6 nails into the bamboo, and put the bow on the nail, and made a bag for the arrows, and put a hole in it, and put it on the nails. He found a small plank, and carved, Home Sweet Home onto it, and made two holes at either corners. Stuck a nail through it, and hammered it onto the side of the hut.