Chapter 58

"I'm going to bed," Finn said later that night, "I'll be across the hall, so if you need anything, text me. Alright?"

"Yeah, um sure," I quickly responded. I assumed Finn was going to stay here for the night. I didn't asked at first.

"Finn?" I said loudly after the door shut.

"What do you need?" He asked.

"Stay," I whispered, "don't leave."

"Why?"

"You make me feel safe. I like that."

Finn smiled, "I'm glad." Finn slipped into the bed beside me, the both of us falling asleep minutes later.

"Breakfast in bed for my favorite girl," Finn said early that next morning.

"How many days will I spend on bedrest before I get sick of breakfast in bed?"

"You better not, cause there's also lunch and dinner in bed."

"What'd you bring me this time?"

"Yogurt."

"Why do I get yogurt and you get a breakfast sandwich. Take that back, and get yourself a yogurt. We gotta suffer together."

"Would you do this for me?"

"For a day, than I'd watch you eat jello while enjoying a crispy chicken sandwich with extra crisp."

"Than I'll just go back to my sausage egg and cheese."

"I was just kidding. I'd support you the entire way, like you're doing for me. Now go get your yogurt." Finn walked out of the room, coming back with a bowl of yogurt.

"Better now?"

"It would be even better if you would hand me mine."

"Strawberry Banana or Boston Creme Pie."

"Boston Cream Pie, unless that's the one you want. Than I want strawberry banana."

"You don't have to always be so nice to me, just take which one you want."

"I have no idea what either one taste like, so just choose which one you want."

"Pick a hand," Finn said, placing his hands behind his back. I pointed to Finn's left hand, Finn handing me the Boston Cream Pie yogurt.

"Can we go do something today?" I asked after breakfast.

"No," Finn said, "you know what the doctor said."

"The doctor also told me not to take an excessive amount of painkillers, not to sleep stay up past ten, to limit TV time, and not to talk to much. I've been doing 75% of those things.

"Maybe tomorrow we can stop for lunch after your appointment."

"Can we sit outside later?"

"Maybe. It's like 40° out there."

"I can handle the cold. I assume I grew up here."