Part twenty two

Even if the answer did come, Derek wouldn't have known. He past out on the chair almost as soon as he sat down. The bright sun spilled in through the window and onto his face, forcing his eyes open. Derek stretched and sat up in his chair, blinking away from the light.

"Hello" a voice growled out behind him. He was lightning to his feet, swivelling around and looking for the source of the voice. The room was empty and dark. No sign of life. 

"Who the hell is there?" Derek yelled out, not expecting anyone to answer.

"A friend" the voice purred.

"Well you ain't no friend to me, pal" He said, his claws extending from his fingertips.

"No. Not your friend," the floorboards creaked to Derek's right, his head snapped in that direction, "Stiles'" Derek growled.

"What the hell do you want with Stiles?"

"To take him home, where he belongs" the voice droned on.

"No, this is his home" Derek was becoming increasingly more irritated as time went on.

"He's my child. And I, his mother"

"That's impossible, Stiles' mother is dead" he said, following the sound of the voice around the room with his eyes.

"She was the mother of the human Stiles. I'm the mother of the beast"

"So you're saying you turned him" Derek asked, unable to stop the hopeful feeling bubbling up inside him.

"To put it bluntly"

"Who are you? What the hell is your name?" He snapped.

"I've had many names. And I'd like to watch you try to figure it out" The door slammed and the room felt empty again. Derek had let her go. Yeah, he's going to get an ear full from Scott.