Part seventeen

It was early in the morning and Stiles was still wide awake. He flicked through the different channels on the big TV in his living room, nothing seemed to interest him. A greasy, empty pizza box lay on his sofa and an empty bowl was placed on the table in front of him. It had been full of popcorn he was saving for when he found an interesting movie to watch, but he never found one.

Stiles thought being a supernatural creature that lurks in shadows would be more fun. Clearly that wasn't true. No wonder Derek was so grumpy all the time.

He'd somehow forgotten about Derek. Not like he would have cared about him anyway.

He sat back with a huff. He felt he was wasting his time with Derek. It was ridiculous to think he meant anything to him. Stiles was nothing to Derek as far as he knew. Lion or not.

~~~~~

Derek glared at the clock sitting next to his bed. He'd woken up at 2 o'clock in the morning and couldn't seem to fall back to sleep.

He threw his covers to the side and got out of his bed. Derek picked the previous day's clothes off of the floor and put them on. He'd decided to go back to Stiles' house. Maybe he would come back? Fat chance.

Derek was stood outside Stiles' house, his heart heavy. He could see the teen sitting, watching TV. First peace filled his head. He was safe and alive. Derek knew he should have been overjoyed, but he couldn't help but feel hurt. He didn't come to find Derek when he got back. No, instead he decided to watch TV.

Derek was about to storm into the house, yelling and demanding answers. Before he could even move from his spot, Stiles had lifted his hand a few inches in front of his face. He was inspecting it, turning it this way and that. Then, very slowly, Derek watched as long claws grew from Stiles' fingertips.