Dying

My life has not really been like other teenagers, who in high school have about 3 to 4 boyfriends or even more than that.

I wasn't like that. I mean, it's not that I don't want to. But I don't have enough time for boyfriends, with me having a sick mother and with school life being hectic.
My mum has lung cancer. They said she won't make it...

But I don't want to believe it. She's my mum, not to mention the only family I have. Well, the only family I have ever known.

My father, well... I had brought him up in the past with my mum. But she would always find a way to avoid the conversation, talking about something else that would cross her mind.

I remember the day she got sick. I was 17 at the time.

I didn't want her to worry and stress, so I stopped asking about my long lost father.

For over 9 long months now, I have not really been myself. I used to be described as many things before. Funny, Jovial, outgoing, you name it. But things have changed now, and I have changed along with them.

I don't have friends, or even a boyfriend. It's always been just me and my mum, against the world.
When walking though the hospital hall way I always think that maybe, I mean... Maybe one day... I'm going home with my mother.
I open the door looking at her. She was wearing the hospital gown loosely, white with a little bit of brown along with green stripes. As always, her trousers looked as pale as ever.
"The daughter of the most beautiful woman on earth is here" I said with all but fake happiness.

She was sitting up, just looking out of the window like a lost sheep. She turned and looked at me, half of her face was it's original shape. Her deep blue sea eyes with hint of green had changed into a drastic yellow. It was as if she was begging for death itself, her beautiful long thick brown hair had faded into nothing.
It was then that I knew ....... my hope of ever going home with my mother was gone.

My mother was dying.

A/N
Please, this is my first story. I apologize if there are any mistakes. I promise to be better in my next update. Please comment or heart it means a lot to me.

Thank you for reading my story.

(Hey everyone! I'm Destiny, the editor of the story. If these first chapters feel a little out of place compared to the others, that might be because I haven't had time yet to work my magic touch on them. Any little bits of speech in between brackets (Such as the one you are reading right now) will come from me. Hope you all enjoy :D)