Chapter 13

Laughter. Endless conversation. The sounds of life. Sounds that echo a life from before the apocalypse.

You let the sounds take you into your mind, back to three years ago and longer. Back to your friends, your family. Your favourite memories return, ones that you thought you had forgotten long ago.

"Hey, you okay?" A gentle voice and hand resting on your shoulder brings you out of your mind. Ethan looks at you with slight worry.

"Yeah yeah, just got a bit lost in thought." You reassure him, smiling lightly at the memories still ghosting in your mind. Ethan drops his hand from your shoulder and smiles before returning to the conversation around you.

You glance at the rest of the group, just about to get lost in thought again when,

"So what job do you want now that you are here?" Amy asks, and all the attention from your little group.

"Well, um... I don't really know. what do you have on offer?" You feel a pull of familiarity when considering a job. Maybe a job can bring you back into a society and could help you pay back Tim and the others for allowing you to stay.

"Well," Kathryn says with a smile, sitting next to Amy, "you can cook, teach some of the younger survivors, clean clothes and bedding, work with in the hospital, do gardening to grow food or you can help build structures."

~~~~~~~~~~~
Comment what job you guys want or want to trial!

Double update complete!! Thank you all for being so patient with the seven weeks I was away but I'm back and shall be back on schedule!! I have even started writing chapter ideas for future chapters and I've written the first draft for the end *audible gasp*.

Album recommendation; Last Young Renegade by All Time Low. (I love this album sooo much. current fave.)

For anyone that has heard Drugs & Candy (from Last Young Renegade) by All Time Low, should I do an imagine in my multifandom imagines book based off it? or maybe a chapter in this book centred around it? idk, just an idea

Oh! and thank you guys for over 900 reads! It completely blows my mind how well received this book has been.