Chapter 25

Pippa's POV

I walked up to the door nervously as I shifted awkwardly in the dress I was wearing from last night's date. I didn't want to go home with Lin, so I stayed at Jasmine's house. The whole time, all I could think about was Lin.

When I finally summon up the courage to knock on the door, I immediately regret it. I know Lin and he'll be understanding once he knows the whole story, but I was still worried.

When Lin answers the door, there are bags under his eyes, as if he hadn't been sleeping. Although neither have I. I can't sleep knowing I can't do anything about our fight.

I clutch the small box in my hand and pray that I don't look too nervous. Normally, the roles are reversed in this type of situation, but I guess I'm breaking a barrier.

"Um, listen, Lin, can I come in?" I ask shyly. I hoped he wouldn't say no and luckily he didn't as he invited me into his home.

"Lin, I'm so sorry for what happened at that date and I really wish you would have given me time to explain." I say. "So what I was trying to say was that Steven invited me to dinner so we could have a sophisticated conversation about what happened at our wedding. Things went south and I decided not to tell you because I didn't want you to go beat him up."

"Wait what happened?"

"Nothing. I'm fine and that's all that matters."

"So now what?" He asks as he cleans up some of Sebastian's toys off the ground.

"Well I know you were planning on doing this but..." I trail off and wait for him to look at me as I get down on one knee.

"Lin will you marry me?"

aghh!!!! i love this!!! pippa u go gurl!!!! sorry for not updating in a while lol i know y'all hate me

xoxo.