Part 12

Aphmau (Pov)

It has been over a month since I got the call about Zane, and I've been barely able to dance around everyone's questions. I've told only one person, Aaron. He didn't panic but he did question why Zane wanted it to be hidden. Reasonable question.

The fathers' of the two drivers that crashed into Zane paid him a hefty settlement to keep him from suing them, Zane, of course, accepted the payment considering how large it was. I remember when I visited him he said he was giving half of it to me, I declined his offer but he insisted. We went back and forth on the subject until he said, and I quote, 'I am giving you half the money, even if it means me breaking into your house, putting under your pillow, and say the tooth fairy came.'

I gave a small giggle at the memory. Stubborn little nugget. I heard a couple of soft knock on my door and I called out for them to come in. In came Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan.

"Oh, hey, guys! What'cha need?," I smiled at them as I sit up.

"Aph, tell us what's really going on with Zane," Katelyn said calmly. How do they know?

"H-He's on a business trip, r-remember," I said the best I could.

"Aph, business trips don't last longer than three weeks, let alone a month. Please, just tell us," Katelyn said.

"Please, Aphmau~Senpia," Kawaii~Chan pleaded.

"F-Fine,only because if everything goes right he'll be home by the end of the week," They both smiled at me, "Zane has been in the hospital. Waiting for his ribs to heal."

"What happened to Zane~Kun?!," Kawaii~Chan exclaimed.

"Tis a long story."

"Well, tell us. We have nothing better to do..."