19

The Day After Christmas (Part Two)

Troye's pov

"A-Allie, I need your help." I cry into my mobile.

"What's wrong? Who hurt you?" She's so quick to question, maternal senses kicking in as easily as ever.

"I-I-I... Allie- no."

She hushes me, "Troye, you need to calm down sweetheart. Breathe with me. C'mon."

She coaches me through breathing properly, huffing in and out into her speaker dramatically.

"You got it, keep breathing with me. You're alright." She whispers sweetly.

When I've stopped panicking as much, settling with just a shaky and unsettling feeling in my tummy and watery eyes, I sit up off of the floor I was so quick to fall to minutes prior.

"Tokky, you okay now?" She asks.

"No a-and I don't know how to tell you what's wrong nor how to ask for help." I admit, biting down on my bottom lip harshly.

She sighs, "You know you can tell me anything. I was even there for your joke about Krampus spanking you, you know I won't judge you."

I smile sharply though she can't see me and blink away my tears, "Wasn't a joke."

"Sure it wasn't-"

"It Wasn't A Joke." I cut her off.

"Wait- it wasn't?" She inquires, "You're serious?"

"I'm serious, Allie, it- it wasn't a joke."

"Is this what's been making you seem all off lately? Troye, this better not be a joke." She warns.

I run a hand through my hair and nod, "It's not a joke. I- I need your help."

"Alright, shoot." She chirps much too cheerfully.

"Get out your laptop."

...

"Touching a demon-goat thing of Christmas and he yells at you, yeah I've got nothing." She admits. I listen to her scroll and type away, her knowing how to go deep into the web like it's nothing. And if she can't find the answers, they probably don't exist.

"Okay, maybe try something else." ... "Does touching Krampus hurt him?"

She taps at the keys of her keyboard and hums her to herself, stopping instantly after a moment.

"Burnt To Nothing - The Touch Of Krampus?" She asks.

"Click on it."

"Krampus; alleged demon of Christmas, backstory reveal."

"When Saint Nicholas was first published to the world, a chubby man who spoils kids whether they're naughty or nice, he wasn't alone. He had rivalry; Krampus. A half-demon, half-goat figure to set things straight. He was here to take a bite off Santa's list. He read the naughty sheet, he checked it twice, he found out who was naughty and nice. And like that, he had gone out on a hunt. The goat stalked out boys and girls, hitting them with birch, shaking chains, and sometimes even kidnapping the souls. He-"