20

Many Days After Christmas (Part One)

Troye's pov

Mope. Mourn. Cry. Repeat.

My heart both breaks, aches, and longs for someone I'll never have. I feel like a fucking idiot. And I did this to myself. This is my fault. 

It's safe to say my parents are ready to call the fire department to come bust open my bedroom door. I haven't eaten in days, I only leave my bedroom when everyone's asleep to use the washroom. I deleted all social media, I blocked the boys who never seemed to stop spamming my mobile. In fact, I turned off my mobile completely, too persistent, too clingy. 

Tyde didn't try to talk to me again. Steele, Mum, Dad, and Allie did though. Not that any of it worked. I don't want to talk. I don't want anything except him. But I Can't Have Him, I remind myself.

I expect him to never show up again. 

This was my fault. This is my fault.

I fucked up.

When I heard the rattling of chains one late night, I was almost relieved. Yes, put me out of my misery. I stayed put in bed, not even giving him the satisfaction of knowing I was petrified behind my carelessness. 

"Come to kill me?" I mutter sarcastically as he makes a show with the lights.

When the figure shows himself, I'm taken back.

"What are you doing here?" 

He just frowns, a sack in one hand and a thick chain in the other. He isn't covered with a robe anymore, no, the damage I've done to him is danced upon his skin and on show for me to see. From simple marks to what looks like patches from me gripping him, burns are made all over his body.

When he steps forward towards my bed, I quickly hop off.

"Don't come near me." I demand.

He takes another step forward, coming closer. I back up more.

"Don't Come Near Me." I repeat.

"I'll just hurt you."

"Troye. You need to come with me." He speaks up, voice sounding ten kinds of choked up.

"A-and you need to stay back." I retort.

He just keeps nearing towards me until I'm cornered against a wall with nowhere to go. 

"Why are you doing this? Just stay back!" I exclaim, throwing my hands in the air in front of me to keep him away.

He's just like me, he should understand this! If I touch him he's gonna burn!

Dropping the chain on my carpet, he steps closer until we're too close not to touch.

"I have to do this. I'm sorry."

With a snap of his fingers, I feel my feet swept off the floor.