Chapter 1. Introduction

Leone P.O.V

Why do I keep failing? I know that the teachers hate me, but dang!

Right now I'm at a café studying and trying to keep myself awake with coffee and sweets but I'm just wasting money right now. As the waiter comes and places my cake on the table I ask, " Hey! Do you know anything about this subject. Sorry to ask, its just you look young enough to still know."

The waiter was a guy that looks in his early 20's, grey eyes, and dark brown hair.

He walks over to my table, looks at my homework, and says, "Hmmm, I don't think so sir."

'Wait?! He thinks I'm a dude? Well who wouldn't? My whole school thinks I'm a boy because I tuck my hair in a hat and look like a boy.'

"Well thanks anyway." He then leaves and I continue on my work.

Time Skip~

After FIANLLY finishing up my study's, I was on my way home. I live by myself in a two bedroom and one bath and looking for someone to take that room and pay half the rent so I don't have to live with my adopted parents and moves schools.

While walking home in the dark, I decide to walk a little faster after hearing about those kidnaps around town. Just as I was thinking about it, I was finally home.

Kaleb's P.O.V

As I was working my shift at the café with my ears flattened down, I caught an unusual scent. It wasn't human. And I got curious.

So I followed my nose to a male with a beanie, a blue hoodie, and his school work. He followed me to a booth where he sits down and orders a coffee with our today's special cake. He never looked up and seems very busy with his work so I left him alone for now.

After watching him before I leave, he finally gets his stuff together and leaves to café. I quickly threw on my day clothes, and made sure to wear my hat. Then I followed quietly and sneakily.

I lost him a couple of times but quickly caught his scent. He finally got home. Now I can talk to him in private and finally find out why he smells so different.

No ones P.O.V

Once Kaleb followed Leone home, he is determine to figure out why she smells so different from humans. He wonders is she is just like him.

Leo opens the door to her house and closes it behind her as she goes into the living room at falls on the couch. Moments later, Kaleb knocks on the door to have it opened by a sleepy Leo. She then ask, "Why are you here? Are you here to live here and pay half the rent?" " Umm, no. I came here for a special reason. But I need to talk about it inside." He says as she lets him in and leads him to the living room.

After sitting down Kaleb then blurts out, "Why do you smell different than humans? Are you like me? A Inu?" "...Uhhh...." Was all Leo could say. After the moment of silence, she says, "Ohhhh, now I remember you. You were my waiter at that café. Stupid me." "Can you answer my questions?" Kaleb asks impatiently. " Yeah, yeah. I'm talking, I'm talking. But first I want proof that your a so called Inu." She 'smartly' says.

Kaleb then takes off his hat reveling his dog ears. He then lifts up the back of his shirt and that revels his dog tail. Leo then says being dumbfounded, "Ohhhh, so that's what a Inu is! A dog! I swear I'm so stupid. I guess it's my turn to show you and give you answers."

She then takes off her beanie showing her fluffy ears and pulling out her fluffy tail hidden in her baggy pants. "There! Now we know each other ,but not really, but I'm not a Inu thingy. I'm a cat. So I guess that's why I 'smell' different."

Kaleb then realized he didn't introduce himself so he says, " My bad for not introducing myself but my name is Kaleb Jones. May I ask what your name is?" "Well, sure you can. My name is Leone Shae but please, call me Leo." She answers politely

I want to thank  SkelentonClique for helping me with the story idea and the characters. So all the credit doesn't go me