[04]

A girl is trying to focus

Caterina
_________

I had spent the entire morning sketching patterns, and conjuring up ideas for the Garrison's golden interior.

When I first arrived, the pub was unlocked and there wasn't a soul in sight. So, I took it upon myself to settle onto the bar stool in order to get a better view for my art work.

I sat with my legs crossed and sketch pad on my lap, scribbling away whenever the doors of the pub flew open. My head snapped towards the sudden intrusion, and saw a man casually strolling inside with his head down. I already knew who it was before Thomas even lifted his head to meet my gaze.

"Nice to see you so early, Ms. Price. Shows you take this as seriously as I do." Thomas said, leaning his back against the bar beside me.

I looked down at him and rolled my eyes, slamming my note book shut with a soft thud.

"Real artists can spend hours, days even, sketching before they actually do any real painting Mr. Shelby." I stated matter-of-factly.

A lazy grin spread across his face, and Thomas pushed off the counter to stand before me. He spread his arms out wide.

"And that, my little artist, is precisely why I've cleared out this entire pub, along with my schedule, so that you can perform in peace."

"How do you expect me to work in peace, if you're going to be here all day pestering me." I snorted, "and I am not your little artist."

His grin grew dark, "I'd like to think I can provide some much needed inspiration in such a bland place like this, Ms. Price." Thomas added, "and as long as I'm paying you a ridiculous amount of money for your services, I think I'm entitled to call you whatever I like."

I scowled at him. First he wouldn't kiss me, and now this? I was beginning to think Thomas Shelby enjoyed to torture me.

"Fine," I slid off the bar, "but you better make yourself useful while you're here."

Thomas placed a palm to his chest, "I am at your complete disposal, Ms. Price." He said, "a privilege very few have possessed."

I rolled my eyes and ignored him, making a bee line for the supplies I had earlier laid out onto a table. Thomas followed.

There was an arrangement of yellows and golds I had brought from my studio, which now lay scattered on the wooden surface. I pointed a slim finger at two of the golds and said, "mix those two together in this." I held up a small bucket.

Thomas nodded and removed his coat- the same coat he had given me- and chucked it onto the nearest chair. I watched hungrily as he rolled up the sleeves of his shirt to reveal strong, toned arms. Leaving me to wonder what else those rugged hands could do.