Chapter 10:

Camila's POV:

"I just don't know how it's going to go. What if Ariana calls?" I anxiously rubbed at my temples as I leaned on the sink in the bathroom, getting a better angle of the Polynesian on the screen.

"You need to chill out, Cabello." The Polynesian was lazy with her speech as she lay on her bed, munching on a packet of Hot Cheetos.

"Oh, yeah. I'll try that." I playfully snapped and started pacing back and forth.

"If she does call, tell her to get her ass down here; I'll fuck her up." The younger girl narrowed her eyes with a frown as she focused her gaze on her fingers, which she was licking the remains of Cheetos off.

"Because that'll fix everything." I joked, scratching at my head before checking the time. "I gotta go, DJ. I'll call you tonight."

"Yeah, but can you text me before you get into bed with Lauren? Because if it's 3AM and I get a text off you I'll know you've probably sent it after you've had sex." Dinah gave me a playful glare and I scrunched my nose in response before grabbing my purse and ending the call.

-

20 minutes past and I was now sat in the Starbucks that had become familiar to me. Over the past few months, I'd visited a few times for coffee with either Lauren or Dinah – and we'd gotten to know the Canadian waitress, Shay.

"Hey!" The Canadian beamed after she had acknowledged me. She leaned over the counter to give me a quick hug before taking my order. I shared with her that I'd be meeting Lauren here and she seemed to be just as excited about it as Dinah had been when I told her. The other week, the brunette had overheard me and Dinah discussing the situation and had become intrigued, occasionally making an appearance just to give me advice. I didn't mind it though. It was amusing and her advice was always welcome.

I was staring out the window at the empty streets that were covered by a blanket of fog. The sky was the perfect shade of navy blue and few stars were dotted around it, adding to the power of light the moon was supplying the sleeping city with. I took a minute to appreciate the desolate coffee shop I was in. The lights were dimly lit and I could hear the faint clatter of glasses that once contained somebody's hot beverage. I paid close attention to Shay in her green apron, her brown locks tied back in a scruffy high pony as she contently wiped away coffee stains from tables and then made sure the chairs were pushed neatly away underneath them. I suddenly met the brown orbs and she shot me a toothy smile before I heard the ding of the bell that was attached to the top of the door. Those bells always made me feel uncomfortable. I never liked to be the centre of attention and they would always announce your entrances; I've always winced at the sound it would make. It became like nails across a chalk board for me.

"Hey." My ears were suddenly blessed by the sound of Lauren's raspy voice. I felt coldness with her presence and was then hit by a draft the Miami-native had let in with her.

"Hi." I was snapped back to reality and welcomed her with a warm hug. She sat down in the chair across from me and took off her black scarf and beanie. Her nose had a read tint and so did her cheeks, making her look even more angelic in the light the moon was casting.

The two of us sat and talked for a good hour. We covered her date with Zayn (which she claimed was never a date) and we even included our separate friends in the catch up since I'd never met hers and she'd never mine, but we always had stories to tell about them. Because of that, I did knew her best friend was called Allyson (but preferred Ally) and she knew my best friend was Dinah.

During a conversation about the time I made Dinah try Cuban food, I felt my phone begin to vibrate in my pocket and my throat gradually closed over with every vibration I felt. I saw Lauren's smile quickly fade from her face as well as mine, and I checked the screen just to confirm my fear.