Chapter 26:

Lauren's POV:

June ended so quickly and suddenly it was leaving day. I was ridiculously grateful to have spent a good week, if not two weeks, with Camila and I was extremely grateful for the surprise birthday party she and my friends had thrown for my 24th.

It was 5AM and I was stood at the end of my girlfriend's bed with my suitcase and oversized gym bag – wondering when the next time I'd be in here would be. I waddled over to plant one last kiss on Camila's forehead and then headed downstairs to the Uber that would be taking me to the airport to catch my 8AM flight.

Italy was 6 hours ahead in time; meaning when I got there it would be 9pm and only 3pm to Camila. Taking this job on meant a lot of commitment and it would come with many restrictions – but it was also offering me so many opportunities which I couldn't say no to.

-

The 12 hour flight almost murdered me and when my feet finally touched the ground again I almost fell over. After collecting my luggage, I took my phone out to see where Shaun (my new colleague) was.

Camila – 08:32 (Miami time): Waking up without you feels so weird.

Ally – 08:54 (MT): Safe flight!!! Text me when you land!

Luis – 11:12 (MT): I hope your plane didn't crash! Would've been such a shame.

Camila – 12:27 (MT): I was just about to go and get you from work because it's lunch. This is going to take some getting used to.

Keana – 13:04 (MT): I miss you already!

Shaun – 01:02 (Rome Time): Text me when you land. I'll be waiting for you.

I sighed in relief when I saw Shaun's message and started making my way to the exit, calling him when I got there.

"You're here!" He exclaimed with joy.

"And very jetlagged." I yawned.

"I see you. I'm coming over." Shaun stated before ending the call. When I turned to look for him, he was stood beside me with wide arms. I chuckled and hugged him as he welcomed me.

"Don't worry; we're giving you five days off before throwing you into anything. I can show you around Rome and show you the workplace so you know what you're getting into." He soothed, putting his around my shoulder after taking my gym bag and suitcase from me and escorted me to the cab.

I was gazing out the window at the scenery when Shaun spoke up again. "Do you think you could still maybe come out for a drink with us tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, definitely. That's one way to get over jetlag." I joked, taking my phone out and replying to the texts I'd received earlier.

-

After driving for 15 minutes, I arrived at the apartment that Shaun's company had set me up with for the next six months. It was fully furnished and ready for me to just start living in. Shaun helped me with my luggage and I thanked him before he left. I took off my shoes afterwards and started looking for the bedroom.

Once I'd gotten myself into my pajamas, I worked out the time difference between Camila and I; noting that it was six hours.

"Hey, beautiful." I cooed when my girlfriend's face popped up on my phone.

"It's so fucking good to see you." Camila practically moaned – looking adorable in her silly unicorn onesie. Based on the background, she was in her living room. "What time is it there?"