::Chapter-4::

~Aurelia~

 “I know what you’re thinking.” Heather said from beside me while she tapped into her phone.

“Huh?” Was my coherent reply. She raised a perfectly made blonde eyebrow and then shook her head.

“I know what you’re thinking about; how you’re going to get Peter to come to the ball.” She said and turned her head to look at me.

I sighed and massaged my throbbing temple, the pain after last night’s incident hadn’t receded  yet. “Look Heather, I understand that Peter means a lot to you, and you mean a lot to me. So whether you like it or not I’m going to talk to that guy.” I said and patted her shoulder lightly , she just shook her head again.

We reached WMA just before the first bell (courtesy that I got up late) and rushed inside. Heather had AP Biology while I had Spanish, and we parted our ways at Corridor D. I entered my class and saw that Miss Conner was already writing something on the board while everyone was scribbling away in their notebooks.

I sat down on my seat and saw that my partner Ashley was doing the same. I gently poked her and she jerked and then exhaled loudly.

“What’s going on?” I whispered.

“Miss Conner is going to start with the workbook from today. Some new sort of assessment and so everyone’s revising plus she’ll also give us some worksheets for home as the result was quite poor last year. Considering the highest was 75%” She whispered back and started on her revision again.

Sadly that score wasn’t mine. I had scored a 74.5%

I opened my textbook and was going to go through the punctuation's when suddenly the classroom door burst open and in came Phoenix. I quickly hid myself behind my book because my cheeks were burning from embarrassment after the scenes from yesterday. 

“Mr. Ashdown I’m glad that you could join us today. Please have a seat.” Miss Conner said through pursed lips while Phoenix grinned and it was a bolt from the blue when he sat right behind me. He poked me from behind and I stiffened, arched my back and turned around.

“Hey Aurelia” He whispered right into my ear, his hot breath fanning my cheek. I suddenly couldn’t breath anymore. I quickly turned around and focused on what Miss Conner was writing on the board.

“Miss Stanbury and Mr. Ashdown, would you be kind enough to go to my room and bring the worksheets and the workbooks?” Miss Conner asked us while I shook my head with such vigorous action that, for a moment I thought I might snap my neck.

“Are you trying to say that you can’t bring the things from my room Miss Stanbury? Is there something wrong with your legs?” She asked and looked at me from above her spectacles.

“No Ma’am all I’m trying to say is that I can go on my own there is no need for Phoenix to come along.” I said politely.

“Are you sure that you can carry twenty two-hundred pages workbook along with forty worksheets, alone?” She said.