::Chapter-6::

*UNEDITED*

____

~Aurelia~

I woke up and saw that it was way past eleven and the house was wrapped up in an eerie silence. Pulling off the duvet I got out of bed and quietly opened the door. The hallway was bathed in moonlight and it seemed as if everyone had gone to sleep after the well uh...feud. I cautiously tip-toed down the stairs and entered the kitchen. Some covered dishes were kept on the island, after removing the cover I saw that there was some roasted chicken and mashed potatoes.

Grabbing a plate I piled it with food and sat down on the lounger stuffing my face, I winced the food was cold but I just did not have the energy to warm it up again. After dinner I put my plate in the dishwasher and hurried upstairs, I was going to enter my room when I heard Noelle's voice from the adjacent room. She was talking in rushed urgent whispers.

Gingerly I stood outside her door, forcing myself to talk to her when I heard another muffled whisper. Leaning closer to the door I could make out that it was Augustine, but he wasn't allowed in the house after six in the evening then what was he doing now? In the middle of the night?

"I don't care August...what?...Decision is yours...have to make a choice...me or her." Were all that I could make out from their conversation and mostly I could hear Noelle's voice, Augustine was so low that I could not even make out what he was speaking even though I had pressed my ear to the door.

I rushed inside my room and pressed my back to the door. I was pretty sure that they were talking about me, but what about the choice? Noelle said something about choosing her or someone else. 

Was that someone else, me?

Holy molly.

~~~~

I think I did not sleep after I had eavesdropped on Noelle and August because Sylvia gave a little yelp of surprise when she saw me wide awake staring at the ceiling. After my normal morning routine I was hesitant to go downstairs to well face my sister.

I sighed loudly and picked my backpack, its now or never. She was sitting there on the island with the Daily Mirror in her hand and father, mother and gramps beside her were helping themselves to the breakfast. I sat beside father who gave me a warm smile and passed a plate of pancakes to me with the maple syrup dripping down. I looked at Noelle and saw that she had not once looked at me and was still engrossed in the newspaper.

Then I glanced at the headlines of the front page, Princess Aurelia and Duke Augustine caught red-handed! My cheeks flamed up with embarrassment. So what Noelle said was right, this was going to be all over the news. Sensing my discomfort father gently patted my knee and urged me to eat my pancakes, but my stomach felt queasy and I was pretty sure that the pancakes were going to make it worse.

"I...uh I'm going to school, Heather uh...must've been standing uh...outside." I stuttered, I swear to God I never stutter so much the last time I stuttered this much was when I had participated in the annual debate competition and was put up against my crush.