::Chapter-5::

~Aurelia~

“What on earth is this?” Noelle said while pointing the remote towards the television and glaring at me. For a second I thought her blue eyes had turned almost pitch-black because she was so angry.

“I can explain that Elle…” I spoke softly and her eyes glittered dangerously.

“It’s Noelle, if you don’t mind. You have five minutes to explain yourself Aurelia. I’m being decent right now but it is not going to last long.” She said and I felt my heart break, she had just told me to address her formally.

“Look I went to the hospital, August took me there and after I was discharged, we were going back and I was feeling dizzy so August was just holding me up.” I said and Noelle scoffed.

“Sure thing. But to me and apparently, to everyone, it looks like you were throwing yourself on him!” She shouted at me and got up from the sofa glaring at me. I flinched at her tone and looked at mother. She still had the same stony expression.

“I was not throwing myself on him, Noelle. You of all people should know that…I’m your sister. Why would I do something like that?” I asked softly.

“Oh please! Everyone knows about the crush you have on August, Aurelia. So stop with the lies! What were you doing at the hospital with him?” She asked me again, I could feel tears pricking the back of my lid.

“Noelle I told you before he was just helping me, and I asked him about you. He said that you had sent him.” I said softly, almost pleading, trying to calm her down.

“What do you have against me Aurelia? Do you have any idea what you’ve done? It will be on the first page tomorrow morning! What will happen to our family name? Do you ever think about anyone else other than yourself?” She said, this time her voice was soft but it still felt like knives pricking my heart.

“I don’t have anything against you, god damn it Noelle! Why would I ever do that to you? I’m your sister for Christ’s sake! The way the video has been shot is the total opposite of what actually happened! Please try and understand, I love you Noelle.” I pleaded with her while a stray tear escaped and rolled down my cheek. She blinked when she saw me crying but otherwise seemed unfazed.

“Aurelia you…” She was cut off by father and I looked up at him sending him a silent thank you.

“That’s enough, Noelle can’t you see she’s done nothing? The media wants this to happen to create a rift between you two and you are giving in to that. She’s crying for heaven’s sake! Stop it! Why don’t you ask August, too? Maybe then you’ll believe your sister.” Father said and gently squeezed my shoulder.

“I called August. He’s on his way, he’ll be here soon.” Mother said from the corner of the room and then stood next to Noelle. It was always this way since our childhood, mother and gramps would always support Noelle no matter what and father would stay by my side every time. I sighed softly and looked down at the plush maroon carpet.

“Lia, you go to your room we’ll take this from here. Go and do your homework or whatever you want to.” Father said and gently pushed me towards my room. Once we reached my bedroom door I turned towards him.