†Chapter Five†

I heard people whispering angrily at each other my head was laying on a pillow I think I had a thin blanket over me and I was laying on a bed, Mello or Matt must have moved me to a bed. That's what I expected I didn't think Mello or Matt wanted me asleep on their laps.
"She fell asleep well we were watching a movie nothing happened! I swear, I don't think of her that way," I recognized the voice as Mello, I was slightly hurt that he didn't think of me that way, I had always liked him more then a friend but no way I am going to tell him that, I mean it was just a crush.
"You at least should have called I was worried about her," A new voice chimed in, I recognized it as Beyond Birthday's voice. I wonder when he got here, what time was it anyway? How long have I been asleep? Should I get up? It sounded like they were just outside of the room. After thinking it over I decided to get up. I walked to the door I still heard Beyond Birthday and Mello arguing but where was Matt? That reminds me where is Osore I haven't seen him since yesterday, I looked over to the couch where I had left my bag, thankfully I found it untouched in the same spot. I opened it and took out my Death Note glancing at the door just to be sure they weren't coming in. I went back over to the door just as I heard their footsteps walking away. I sighed a sigh of relief. I sat on the couch, how exactly do I get Osore to come talk to me, do I call him? Do I just open the Death Note?
"Osore why do you make things so difficult?" I asked out loud.
"Who's Osore?" A voice asked I jumped about six feet in the air and shrieked slightly I turned my head to the source of the voice and saw Matt walking over to me to sit on the couch.
"Matt you gave me a heart attack!" I shouted at him. He smirked.
"What's with the notebook? A diary? Can I look through it?" Matt asked trying to get the book from me. I moved it just out of his grasp.
"Its' just a blank notebook okay? And no you cant look through it," I said trying to keep the book away from Matt.
"Why not if it is just blank why cant I look through it?" Matt asked practically sitting on me to get the notebook. I managed to keep it just out of his reach.
"I told you the book was blank why do you want to snoop through it anyway?" I asked glaring at him. He grabbed the arm that had the notebook in it trying to pull it towards him so he could get the notebook.
"If its' blank why wont you let me look at it?"
"Because!"
"Because why?"
"Becau-" My argument was cut off by Matt pressing his lips against my cheek then pulling away quickly. I was shocked and this gave Matt just enough time to pull my arm and grabbed the notebook, he jumped off the couch and flipped through the book. "Matt what?" I started.
"What's a Death note is this thing legit or a toy?" My eyes widened. I forgot about the innocent kiss on the cheek and focused on the notebook, make up a lie come on! I thought to myself.
"Its' just a toy of course I found it a while ago and I haven't been able to look-" I was cut off by Matt screaming and falling to the floor in shock. He pointed behind me. I turned to be face to chest with Osore I looked up at his face, which had a giant smirk on it.
"Loyalty tell me you see that what the hell is that?" Matt asked letting out another scream. He opened his mouth to let out another, I quickly covered Matt's mouth with my hand.
"Matt you have to calm down I will explain everything just please stop screaming before Mello and BB come back," He gave a brief nod. I took my hand off his mouth. "Matt this is Osore, he is a Shinigami a real Shinigami, remember yesterday when I said I knew how Kira was killing? Well this note book is for real I haven't tried it and I don't plan on it until I know who Kira Is, only his name will be written in this book, this notebook is Kira's murder weapon, well not this exact notebook, Kira has one of his own and that notebook has a different Shinigami attached to it, you have to promise me not to tell Mello or BB or anyone else let them figure out about the notebook on their own, you are the first person I have told," He sighed.
"I see the Shinigami but I find this hard to believe that all this exists and that Kira can use a notebook to kill people at will, but I see the Shinigami I just, its' allot to take in, in one morning," He said putting a hand on his forehead. "How long have you had the book?"
"About 4 years," I said counting the years with my fingers.
"Four years, and you haven't even tried to use it or thought about using it?" He asked. "If I had the notebook I would write in everyone's name who ever bothered me or given me trouble that would teach them," He said.
"I thought about it a couple times but if they did die I would be no better then Kira," I said sadly. "Do you promise not to tell anyone about the book?"
"I promise I wont tell anyone it will be our secret but I am surprised you aren't telling Mello, aren't you in love with him or something?" My face turned bright red.
"I am not in love with Mello!" I shouted hitting him on the head with a pillow. He laughed.
"Then why is your face red?" He teased.
"Because I am so angry that you would think that, that my face turned red," I stated matter-o-factly.
"Riggghhhtt-" He said still laughing. "But you like him a little bit right? I know you do, and I also know he cares more about you then anyone," Matt said seriously. I stopped my swing, the pillow fell from my hands.
"Well- I- I do like him a bit more then a friend but don't tell him he doesn't even like me back so he cares about me, he cares about you doesn't mean he likes you that way," I said there was no way Mello would like me even if I did like him and Matt said he liked me its' hard to believe.
"That's just it I know he likes you that way he's just to stubborn to say anything about it," Matt said. I thought about it is Matt just joking or is he serious? Could Mello really like me the way I like him?
"What about me? What do you think about me?" Matt asked.
"Your a good friend but your more like a brother then a boyfriend, Sorry Matt," I said rubbing the back of my neck nervously.
"Eh dont worry about it your more of a sister to me anyway, wanna play more Mario Kart? I bet you cant beat me if you tried," He smirked.
"Its' on," I said smirking evilly. He turned on the TV and game console and the race began.